Daily Menu Updates for Pregnant Women

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by helpmeangel, Dec 16, 2012.

1. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

2. daddysangel

daddysangel Silver IL'ite

Hi chitra.. :)

Dear ,what is gulkhand?? And how is it prepared?? Can u please share the recipe.... Is it sweet??

3. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Daddysangel,

Just gothrough the link given in my message, you will get recipe and its benefits.. its sweet (Rose+honey) one to avoid any utreus problem during pregnancy..

1 person likes this.
  4. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

hi chitra,

please let me know how the gulkand turns out. I will need to ask my parents too for the same.. :)

and how is your leg pain now? are you ok?? take care dear.

5. helpmeangel

my updates for the weekend:

ate at indian restaurants, mexican restaurants all the time. :) so no cooking.. just had complan,coconut water at home..

6. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Me too..not much cooking..

Mom had made lotsa stuff and stored in fridge, we are having home made pizza since past 2-3 days and BBQ as house party yde...so nt much cooking :)

7. helpmeangel

hi ssm,chitra and all,

happy new year dears!!

8. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Hello All,

Wish you happy new year!! this year is going to be very special to us... our dreams of holding LO in hand is going to come true..

Had nice get together at 12pm yday night in apartment.. and events continued with kids dance today morning.. It was very fun..

Update on Gulkand:

I removed all the petals and washed kept in a clean towel for some time and kept under fan.. then put everything a big plate and kept for drying 2 days..

(Note: With lot of curiosity.. ate some petals while washing.. which resulted vomitting after lunch yesterday..So if any one try to eat rose petals.. caution ...you may get vomitting.. so eat very limited..(not more than 2-3 petals)

Today i bought 1/2 kg of Dabur Honey and put the petals layerwise in a box(it can hold 1kg )..(1 Layer petal and 1 layer honey).. and kept in a big plastic jar..

With in 30 min... Honey became water..(water content in the rose petals got releaved..) and thick honey became very thin and standing in the bottom.. i have to shake well frequently to make the petals wet.. (initially while pouring box was full.., now it has become half.. i dont know after 11 days how much it will remain)..tomorrow onwards i have to keep in sunlight for 11 days..

Anybody checked.. how much is the Gulkand cost in india..? so far i have spent 250rs..(100rs for rose and 150 for 500g honey).. i am thinking i may get 250gm of gulkand at the end.. (I will be happy if i eat this after all these efforts..My DH was scolding me after seeing vomiting..told..dont prepare this gulkand like that.. :(:( )

I assume in shops, they put white sugar instead of honey..(white sugar is not good for health)

Helpmeangel,

My Leg pain is vanished now.. may be due to rain & cold i got this leg pain i believe.. next time i should be careful to wear socks at home..

9. helpmeangel

ladies,

I have got fever and cold. Am not sure if I can take any medications for the same. Please advice!!

10. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Helpmeangel,

Dont take any medicines.. Have some warm milk or soup and take rest well.. It will go off in one night.. Donot drink tender coconut water for some time..(during fever)

sindmani likes this.