Daily Meditation Log

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Viswamitra, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Day: 92 of 100 (Tuesday)
    Date: November 2, 2021
    Countdown: 9
    Time: 7:01 a.m. to 7:14 a.m.
    Duration: 13 minutes
    Experience: Watching inhalation and exhalation provided a humbling experience and knowledge that prana is the rootcause for the life to sustain without which my frame will not be able to do anything. This thought provides a high level of gratitude, attitude of surrender and ability to let go any pride of doership. Nothing I do is more valuable than the gift of ability to inhale, assimilate what is needed and exhale what is not needed. It is not even how it is set up but how long it works flawlessly until the frame falls. 13 minutes of meditation elapsed so quickly.

KashmirFlower and Anusha2917 like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Day: 93 of 100 (Wednesday)
    Date: October 3, 2021
    Countdown: 8
    Time: 8:47 a.m. to 8:53 a.m.
    Duration: 16 minutes
    Experience: The meditation has enabled me to sleep well in the night and in fact, I need to fight to wake up early. Today, I slipped in doing that and woke up only by 8 a.m. But the mind was pestering me about the meditation which gave me an indication that the mind is very relaxed and looking forward to these meditation sessions. Watching the mind with no disturbances is just like watching a body of water with no movements on the surface.

MadhuRK and Anusha2917 like this.
  3. MadhuRK

MadhuRK Silver IL'ite

Day: Day-1 in la-la land
    Date: Nov 3, 2021
    Time : 5.45 to 6.30 AM (45 minutes)
    Experience:
    Past 2 days felt like my head was in a washing-machine. Too many events going-on. Finally I had a chance to sit down today. I woke up at 4 AM, but my daughter cried and I had to pat her till 5. I took some time to become peaceful but I reflected on my previous resolve to become more serious in this path. Identified two major hindrances: 1. I have a strong sense of ego, I need to achieve, I need to accomplish, too much of "I" ness being too strong. This causes untold misery since I'm associating/attaching too much importance to this sense. This ego needs to please go. 2. There is nothing wrong in having too much to do, if I avoid this "doership" mentality. But since I think everything rides on me, I suffer. My surrender or letting-go is not even partially there. So I need to surrender and humble myself more. Maybe 1 and 2 are the same ?

Anusha2917 and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Day:94 of 100 (Thursday)
    Date: October4, 2021
    Countdown: 7
    Time: 6:22 a.m. to 6:35 a.m.
    Duration: 13 minutes
    Experience: After these meditation sessions, my sleep in the night has considerably improved. Even if I sleep for a fewer hours, I feel as though I am well rested. Interestingly, last night my dream was very unique and contained loads of information about aviation control room and aircraft control settings. My dream was highly technical.I have never experienced all of these ever in my life. It felt as though I was operating the mind of someone working in aviation control room or a commercial pilot. But meditation session was highly regulated by the mind and focused. My mind concentrated completely on breathing. I last total control of the time and I wonder how I got out of meditation.

Anusha2917 and MadhuRK like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Day: 95 of 100 (Friday)
    Date: November 5, 2021
    Countdown: 6
    Time: 7:02 a.m. to 7:13 a.m.
    Duration: 11 minutes
    Experience: Another excellent session of meditation today. The mind learned how to remain calm and peaceful during the session. It is comforting to watch the mind remaining calm despite being in vibrating state throughout the day attracted by the matter. The very same mind that extends its tentacles remain within its borders just like a tortoise going into its carapace. The mind has enormous potential and can be positively used when it is subordinated as opposed to remaining independent.

Anusha2917 and MadhuRK like this.
  6. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 14,15,16:
    Date : November 3rd, 04th, 05th
    Duration : 10 mins
    Experience. : my deep concentration meditation is going well . However it's a long series. So i was not sure of dedicating so much time like 25 30 mins during festival. But I tried my best to catch up at least 10 mins each day, some during morning n then 2 more during the day.Hopefully I can complete the series soon.

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. Anusha2917

Day 17:
    06-11-2021
    Time : 7:15-7:40
    Duration :25 mins.
    Experience: I'm back to my deep concentration series meditation. Today it was for 25 mins.. I'm getting better at it but still need a lot of improvement. I didn't feel drowsy. Every time mind was wandering to thoughts I was taking more conscious breadths n pulling back the mind.

What I'm noticing in these Long meditation series is thoughts are somewhat random. I am conscious in the thoughts. I'm not aware or thinking of them. They are just so random. I feel the thought is coming from a sub conscious state of time.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Day: 96 of 100 (Saturday)
    Date: November 6, 2021
    Countdown: 5
    Time: 6:54 a.m. to 7:04 a.m.
    Duration: 10 minutes
    Experience: Very rhythmic breathing throughout the session. I felt these sessions are helping me to purify the mind. What I call as mind has four parts namely, Manas (emotions and feelings) that works with 5 senses, Buddhi (intellect) that enables decision-making on our choices, Chitta (memory) that stores the memories of all past actions including prior life vasanas and lastly Ahankara (ego) that spreads its wings over all of the above and make me rooted in duality. The meditation helps refine the manas, strengthens the Buddhi, disown the Chitta and reduce the influence of Ahankara. It helps me clean the pot that contain all four elements.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  9. Anusha2917

Day 18: skipped
    Day 19: 11-11-2021
    Duration :10 mins
    Time : 6 45-6 55 am
    Experience: I'm waiting to finish my deep concentration series. However the last meditation in the series is 30 mins. I need to get up much earlier to finish a 30 mins meditation.
    So I have paused that series n finishes a 10 mins one so that I don't miss the flow.
    Since I sat once I finished my morning studies I was much peaceful n some thoughts of the studies I did n some thought about husband going back to work were crossing my mind. Otherwise a calm one with good breathing technique.

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Day: 97 of 100 (Sunday)
    Date: November 7, 2021
    Countdown: 4
    Time: 6:36 a.m. to 6:48 a.m.
    Duration: 12 minutes

Day: 98 of 100 (Monday)
    Date: November 8, 2021
    Countdown: 3
    Time: 6:14 a.m. to 6:25 a.m.
    Duration: 11 minutes

Day: 99 of 100 (Tuesday)
    Date: November 9, 2021
    Countdown: 2
    Time: 6:26 a.m to 6:36 a.m.
    Duration: 10 minutes

Experience: When I started the meditation session, I never thought I would not miss any day during this 100 day meditation challenge. I am going to continue these meditation sessions even though I may not update here in IL.

I will post the last day of the challenge tomorrow.

Anusha2917 likes this.