1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daily dose of motivation for kids...ideas please????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by adara, Dec 7, 2009.

1. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies:

What do you all do to encourage and motivate your kids?

I try to be positive and teach my kids to have positive attitude in life always but I really need some famous quotations which they can read daily. Something like a wall poster sort of thing. That is all....a wall poster is all that I can think of when it comes to ideas!!!
    Can anyone give me idea how to give that 'daily dose' of motivation to kids?

Adara

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ADara,

if you are using igoogle, Add widget for Daily motivational quote and picture. you get beautiful pictures/quotes.

you can always get posters that are simple, saying the message straight.

too much of motivational speeches becomes lectures later :rotfl(it has happened with my kids..)

just being there, telling them that they can do it and you have all the confidence is the best motivation that works wonders according to me.

the other things are citing the correct example at the correct instant.

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Adara, it is a great idea to put up motivational thoughts for kids - I do keep a small baord and actually change it quite often. Soon I realised they were motivational to me and were based on my mood and kids ofcourse are getting exposed, no doubt about that. The best form of motivation I have seen is to do what we want our kids to do. So now a days I am coming up with a rouitine like if the kids have to study, I sit down to read and call them over to do it with me. If I am cleaning, call them to help and engage them in conversations. I exercise and tell them it is important to be physically active....these are some of the things I do. Mine are still very young 7 and 3yrs old - I understand what you are saying and it is a constant thought in my mind too.