1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dad....thank you for what you have given me..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by daffodiill, Mar 24, 2012.

1. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

I belong to middle class family where both parents have to work..As far as i could remember my day usually starts by my dad waking me up from bed..i would just turn and ask my sis to do first(she will always do it)..It was my dad who used to brush my teeth, bathe me up, dress me up to school and even plat my hair .As my mom has to run by 6AM to her duty it was my dad who did all these to both of us...he will then makes us to eat, make himself ready for office by 9am ....
    On returning from the office he will have tea for all of us, mom would be home and we all would chat chat and chat..i felt this was the heaven that everybody mentions. Dad had wide knowledge about everything so he helped us in studies too..During my teenage he was my greatest support..he gave us full freedom in almost everything .That was the reason we both sis had perfect LOVE CUM ARRANGE marriage. He agreed to both our wishes without a word. HE LOVED US SO MUCH THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS WORLD..HE WAS WITH US WHEN WHOLE WORLD WAS AGAINST US..
    NOW only i could realise why he has left his breakfast unfinished hwen we were at the school going age, pour out his coffee and drag us to skool.
    NOW only i could realise he was working late not so that he can help us in studies and spend time with us..
    NOW only i could realise how he gave us what we wished..either it may be education or clothes or dolls..he never got anything for himself. I was unaware that he is reducing his needs and pleasures which was basic of basic needs ..
    NOW ONLY I COULD REALISE WHAT DREAMS HE WOULD HAVE HAD ABOUT OUR MARRIAGE(ME ,SIS)..WHAT AND ALL HE WOULD EXPECTED US..HE AGREED WITHOUT A WORD
    I JUST WANT TO REPAY MY LOVE, AFFECTION, TIME AND EVERYTHING HE HAD GIVEN ME FOR WHAT I AM NOW
    I JUST WANT TO SAY HIM "I AM SORRY DAD, I DID'NT PLAN FOR A LOVE MARRIAGE IT JUST HAPPENED.

I FEEL I DONT DESERVE HIM...I JUST WANT TO SIT BESIDE HIM AND SAY " DAD I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, YOU HAVE GIVEN ME WONDERFUL LIFE...THANK YOU SO MUCH AND I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU ALONE TILL I AM ALIVE"

After 4 years from my marriage now also i see my dad as HIMSELF..he does the same thing for his grand daughters and grand son..BUT today when i look at time i felt something i had missed in my life...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    9 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: Dad....thank u for what u have given me..

Daffodil dear a touching post. As you were writing about your Dad it brought me memories of my husband who also used to take good care of my children. As both were working he used to help me in everythimg. I used to have Saturday and Sunday holiday and he used to have Wednesdays off. He used to leave for office early and come back early and I used to leave late and come back late. On Wednesdays he only used to comb both my daughters hair when they were kids.

Parents dont expect anything from their kids only their happiness

3 people like this.
  3. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Very moving post and a nice tribute to your father...there are so many things that parents do naturally which we dont realise until we ourselves become parents and realise the sacrifices, the small gestures of unconditional love and affection that we somehow missed noticing and took those things for granted while growing up.

2 people like this.
  4. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

what was your last sentence about??

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to Snippet Daffodill
    That was a nice tribute to your dad...yes many a time parents do they duty without expecting anything in return, there are endless things that they do for their kids......
    It is becoz of them that we grow up to be what they want us to be....

6. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Daffodill.. wonderful & tocuhing post.. Recently my dad was hospitalised and I was worried..He is recovering now and am taking care of him... I feel relived now... I used to fight with him and so i was feeling guilt....

Am able to understand him very well now.. I realised that MY Parents are the best & I am luck to get them as parents..

Thanks daffoddill..

7. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

hai deepu,
    thank you for your reply. i posted this on behalf of all the daughters out there as i bet all the wonderful ladies out there love their dad so much..happy that i was able to help u in some way in this critical situation..

1 person likes this.
  8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Daffodill
    Cute post....lucky dad and lucky daughter...great combo. We realise their worth only when we have to step into their shoes...i remember a signature line of some IL (was it Mansi or Mnajukuppps???).....any man can be a father but it takes a lot more to be a dad....something like that.
    Cheers to your dad!
    Mega

9. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

Hello aruna..
    Thank you for your comment...by the way i like ur quotes..well said..

10. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

i meant i would have given him atleast a part of evrything he gave me before i got married..because once you get married we are unable to spend time with parents as it was earlier..