1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dad is having an affair, help!!!

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Confusedsoul, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Confusedsoul

Confusedsoul New IL'ite

Thanks for all the replies folks. Never expected such a magnitude of help for a newbie. I might not be posting for next 3-4 days. But I'll definitely let you all know after I talk to my dad.

Thanks again.

EDIT:

I will try to do this. Kind of balances everything.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  2. Selina14

Selina14 New IL'ite

Sanjay,
    Dont let these intimate sms trouble you. Im in my middle age and I and friends (Men and Women) enjoy sending naughty and intimate sms among ourselves. So your dad's case also may be the same. It is just harmless. When a person is having a affair outside his or her marriage, their behaviour changes for better or for worse. Either the person is very very good to the family or very bad. Have you noticed any change in your dad? If yes then it a matter to ponder. Other wise just let the matter rest as long as it is just exchange of sms.

3. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Some people wreck others life by sending senile smses just to get over their mid-life crisis ? If its true then its a bad joke . Desperate creatures to be sure.
    How is one to know if the sms is from a young or a nearly senile person ? Any pointers ??

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  4. shailmohan

shailmohan New IL'ite

This is information you have got inadvertently. The best you can do (if you feel you have to) is to speak to your father how you came across the information and wait for him to make his move, to see what he has to say, if he has anything to say. Depending on what he says will be your further course of action. He is an adult and so is your mother. It is for them to handle these things.
    As for speaking to the other woman, it is simply out of question and a big no-no.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010