Cyst & TTC

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sandy07, Sep 20, 2007.

1. sandy07

sandy07 New IL'ite

Hello Everyone

We started planning for pregnany from last year, then got pregnant this year with the IUI procedure, everything went fine till 10th week then the foetus hearbeat was stopped, so I got D&E procedure done.

Now, when trying for pregnancy again, doctors found I have a Cyst in my left ovary and it is there for the past 3 months without change in size. They are advising to start IUI procedure again with the cyst. Doctor says the cyst would hinder me to get pregnant but the chances of affecting the baby once pregnant would be less than 1%.

I am doing lot of prayers with Garbarakshambikai and all known god.

Please let me know if anybody faced these situation and is it safe? I am totally confused. Any suggestion please???

Thanks
    Hema

2. jaynash

jaynash Senior IL'ite

re: Cyst & TTC

hi hema

When I did an IUI i didnt concieve. So I underwent a laproscopy to check if there is any blockage in fallopian tubes, but they found out that i had fibroids and polycystic ovary and it was removed. The doctors say that sometimes it might hinder the pregnancy and sometimes it may not.

But as it has hindered the pregenancy for you i think it can be better removed.

I would request you to go to another doctor for second opinion.

jay.

3. sandy07

sandy07 New IL'ite

re: Cyst & TTC

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply but I did not have cyst in my first pregnancy. Hence not sure if it is a good idea to proceed with IUI with cyst or not???

thanks

4. cheemu

cheemu New IL'ite

Last month i did pcod drilling in india he did sperm wash & kept me in medication for three month to conceive Progynova & deivry tablets and it was a failure but i got my periods after 26 days, when i went for further treatment ,doctor did scanning and found out that i have single cyst in my right ovary.

she gave me Progynova pills for this month and asked me to come down next month

My concern is by taking these pills will the cyst eradicate and how long will it take usually. Does any one faced such problem & got conceived.

Kindly advise.

5. Anu2816

Anu2816 New IL'ite

I went for my annual check up with my Ob/Gyn
    and she said my uterus is healthy..
    she also did Pap Smear (result is Normal)

are there any chances of having Cyst?

6. Simip

Simip New IL'ite

Ovarian Dermoid Cyst & Pregnancy

Hello All Ladies/ Dr Jyothi,

I have suffered from ovarian dermoid cyst in 2001 and a follicular cyst in 2005 both times the cyst had gone very big becos of which reason my left ovary was removed fully ...Now am left with only right ovary and I find recently that I have one more dermoid cyst this time 1.3*1 cm big and was found thru laproscopy that it cudnt be removed as I completely dont have my left oavry.
    Also laproscopy revealed that my fallopian tubes are adjacent to the oavry its sticking almost. I got it done by a known surgeon Obgyn in the US who mentioned post surgery that my fallopian tubes on the right are almost closed becos of the adhesions and scars I had in the past 2 surgeries he didnt want to remove this dermoid cyst and cause more trouble to the ovary rendering it useless.....He also mentioned that scars had left blood from reaching my reproductive organs......since now am trying badly to have a child past one yr ....he has referred me to a Fertility Center for further treatment....I am not sure what treatment would work best for my condition am already nearing 35 yrs and dont want to waste more precious time on all this....I just wanted to have two kids one after another in 2-4 yrs time....but I donnow how sooner the dermoid cyst could grow....and how big...Am really worried for all this...I need some guidance and help as not many people have gone thru what am going thru. Is IVF very painful procedure Is there a solution in Ayurveda for removal of the Cysts completely without reoccurring again?...Is there any other solution to my condition?

If anybody has been like me and got pregnant pls let me know what options you tried and what was your experience and what options are out there for ladies like us?

Pls guide me

thanks
    Simi