Cyber Bullying Stories

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Sparkle, Nov 8, 2016.

1. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Effects of cyberbullying!

Sparkle likes this.
  2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

3. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

I used it recently, one poster used one offensive word against me, i reported, and her post was modified for that word.

sindmani, blindpup10 and Sparkle like this.
  4. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:. As, I have finished laughing... The same scenario happened in my family too.
    I think every family has people like you have described. My mom came to my postpartum care for 1 month ( getting my mom for 1 month was a big deal). Her sisters were so jealous that my mom is coming to the US, 2 of my aunts went to Sri Lanka on vacation. Just right around the time my mom came to the US. Seriously these are older people, one would think that they are matured enough to not act petty.. but I can say its just human nature.

Yes. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore. The best solution. No point in feeling or calling them out how petty they act.

I was surprised too.. I wasn't a crowdsourcing person. But after childbirth and SAHM this has become a nice platform to express. I know of other sites like IL.. not a user though. IL is pretty handful ;)

Anonymity gives courage to amplify our personality. Yes, exactly open fights are way easier not the ganging up, making others feel bad, excluding certain person on purpose.

Very well said.Accepting that as a human we are all flawed and saying sorry or apologizing goes so much further than doing tit for tat or getting back nature.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Sparkle likes this.
  5. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Yes, this has happened to me more than one time. I have had to involve the admin in my case, to get the post (name calling) deleted.

coolgal123 likes this.
  6. lalsang123

lalsang123 Bronze IL'ite

I have my cousin(who is studying in college) in FB in friends list.. She posts each and every picture of herself with all modern dresses.. She actually wants to show off.. If they buy a new fridge then she also stands in a stylish manner in front of the fridge with a matching costume, takes a picture and posts it in FB.. Recently her mom has also posting her pictures.. Competition between the two.. Now mom has started becoming more and more fashionable.. Has started posting pictures in different poses.. In fact my cousin is in software and she knows everything about security etc.. But still she does these things..

Sparkle likes this.
  7. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

@Sparkle nice thread! As elders we can choose now to be part of that groups or not. I am more worried about our children/youngsters/school going kids.
    Can they be not part of face book or other social media, when all school friends are chatting there? I am not sure, how other parents are able to guide their children, to not get too affected with this cyber bullying, for that matter to use these social media wisely for progress and make it useful and not to take seriously with selfies/comments etc and not keeping yourself out there and getting bullied.
    Experienced parents if share what they do to ensure their kids are not cyber bullied, will be helpful. till what age can we delay giving smart phone to them? From what age they need computer and internet to do their school work?

sindmani and Sparkle like this.
  8. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for your response, Kash!

Yes, as we grow old we have this choice.

I don't have much experience here yet. But I have some nieces and nephews who fall in this category. They kind of have to be part of the group, they like it or not. The kind of group matters. A math teacher of my nephew runs a whatsapp group and google circle. He shares extra math problems for the kids every day for them to practice. There are moms in some groups (my cousins are in a few groups) who discuss science and math problems, plus questions for prepping for board and entrance exams. If he focus is not on a personal level, these groups are easy to be in.
    I think the problem comes from groups that don't serve a purpose. Like a girl gang, making the decision to drop or include kids in the group. Sometimes happens with a mom group in the same school. There are mean moms who purposely leave one or moms out of the group. (Dads have it easy here :expressionless:)
    Making sure kids don't try to get into a mean gang, just to feel included will help.

Yup, more experienced moms and dads could answer!!! :thumbup:

sindmani and KashmirFlower like this.
  9. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

It works - I used it many years back and just a few days back too.
    It works for sure.

Sparkle likes this.
  10. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Lalsang, thank you for posting.

I think she doesn't get enough attention at home. Or she grew up in an environment where attention seeking is accepted and treated as normal. If they both are competing among themselves and are not affecting anyone anyway, then I guess its ok to do so. And if she just wants to show her style and possessions, its ok too. If she is hurting someone with her behaviour, that needs attention. Sometimes even the most normal comments can hurt someone. What do you say?