Current Sq Ft rates at chennai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by MeenLoch, Sep 1, 2007.

1. bemera

bemera Junior IL'ite

want to buy new flat in and around KK nagar........if anybody knows new flats details pls let me know........

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. Padmasiri

Padmasiri New IL'ite

What is the current price in Manapakkam for a ordinary flat.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  3. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

Renuka Sangamam getting prelaunched @ Shols near Elcot Ave area, close to Lancor CPH & Ceebros.

Marketed by C&W. 4500 is price, all inclusive. Around 35% down, which was high for me, but it seems they will register UDS first.
    1.5FSI project as it is not on OMR, so around 50% UDS.

Villas at 2C.

4. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

Just came across a link from another forum.
    Thanks to Murlee in SC.

Article Window

Some plots going on the block in Chennai.

Of course there is stamp duty, reg and some other cash here and there might not be included in the official price.

Nungambakkam
    26 Ground Near Taj Coramandel - 225C
    18 Ground Sterling Road - 100C

Egmore
    30 Ground Montieth Rd - 150C

56 Ground Cenotaph Rd - 330C

Guindy
    10 Acre Mount road - 400C+ expected

Well this goes to all the nay-sayers that plots are not available in city.

5. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

What is the going rate for a 2 storey home in 1 ground of land in Nungambakkam ? The area is close to Hotel Palmgrove and in the neighbourhood behind Landmark.

6. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

Is it on Cathedral Garden Rd. Hard to say without exact street.
    If it is on a main road, obviously there is a lot of premium. Coming to streets some have higher rates than others.

By the way, are you buying or selling.
    If you selling, PM me.

We have a commerical place on the high road, next to DBS. So I am familiar with the area.
    Though we live a bit farther away in the same area.

7. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the reply k11. Actually we have no property in Chennai, this query is for my friend who lives in my neighbourhood here in US.

This home is in Josiar street area, [ a street away from Gemini Ganesan's home] about 10 minutes walk from Child's Trust Hospital. Actually it is her husband's childhood home which they have rented out at present & are planning to sell this year, as the in-laws are moving to the States. They have another home in same locality [ near Vijaya Driving School] where the in-laws are presently staying. They are actually not sure which home to sell & which to rent out while they move to States - hence the general query about properties in that area .

If you could provide your input on how much approx. these homes would fetch in current market, it would help them decide on which to sell . I will let her know your interest too & then will PM you, as she is not a member of Indusladies .

Thanks.

8. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

North side of Josier St is pretty good. Carries a higher value.
    Nageswara Rd/Krishnamma Rd are a top notch areas.
    South side, it depends where. Tirumurthy nagar (Nungambakkam), some pockets are not good. Mahalingapuram has even more worse streets. Vijaya driving school is a decent area.
    My high school buddy runs a fitness center in this street. He know a lot about the homes/flats going out for sale.

GV is not updated, so they will see 7K per sqft, but market rates are much higher.
    If it is a crappy area, even in a slum 2-2.5C is easy, 3-4C is mid range, 5C for top notch areas. Looking at the neighbouring houses, it is easy to estimate. But the big problem will be trying to find, buyer who will pay in white. If you friend is buying another property or repatriating, she needs white money. If she can accept maximum% in black she will get very good price.

When it comes to Indep houses, they can put them both on market and see which one gets good rate. It all depends on sellers. Some will be ready to pay more than market value, sometimes it is hard to get market value.
    It is all auction type. Your friend should quote a high asking price. Every seller puts in bids, most will be below your asking price. They can sit and evaluate, and then choose the best offer with good closing terms.

I am interested in Kothari Rd, Wallace Garden, near KNK Rd, Krishnama Rd, Haddows rd. Closer to places where I live right now. 1G to 50X80 is what I like.

But I am also interested in both of your places. Look for my PM.

PS - Apologize, I have a bad internet connection. PM got sent 4 times.

9. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

Thanks k11 for such a detailed reply. My friend will find all this info. very useful.
    Yes, I received your PM & have also replied for the same.
    Thank you.

10. Nanimom

Nanimom Gold IL'ite

hi friends,
    we are planning to buy a 2bhk flat..
    while searching we got a gated community called Pavani palms @ Ambattur- surapet near velammal school, cost is 3700/sq.ft (reg, others excluded), so its coming around 36L inc registration, others for a 2bhk..
    the thing is my DH liked it very much as it contains as the amenities like super market, gym, mini hall, play area, etc..

Is it ok for this area...?
    as im 0% in this field need your help...