Current Sq Ft rates at chennai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by MeenLoch, Sep 1, 2007.

1. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Hi shanvy

my son is in ISG studying in class 7, as he finds easy to learn french than hindi/sanskrit he prefers to take french as his second language in 9/10th at present he has taken french as third language. by the way does dav adambakkam has got french?

I am planning to settle in chennai next year but that depends upon my sons school admission

thanks
    yamuna

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi yamuna,

Welcome to the search..there is no school that has french from 6th....in this area other than St.Britto's Academy. some matriculation schools offer french in 9th and 10th..

3. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

HI Shanthi

so I have to follow up st.britto's only how do you find the school regarding the syllabus and the coaching, since you were in muscat you know about the standard and our children's capabilities

( right time you have left muscat coz here the rents have gone up like anything everyyear this landlords are increasing the rents from 20-50 ORbonkto add fuel to the fire cost of living is also increasing each month there is increase in the budget)
    regards
    yamuna

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi yamuna,

I dont find any problems as the sylabbus is more or less the same. coaching is not going to be like muscat. you have to learn to survive...and kids will get used to it very easily.

i know that rents are high and cost of living has gone up along with the rate of exchange going down..since my husband is still there...

and i did not come back because of this, had to leave because fil was alone and was suffering a lot. we were thinking of leaving only when my DD comes to 9th as she is not interested in engineering.

Lot of people say the school is better...but i cannot compare as i did not have a choice because of french. and if you go back and check some of the threads we have discussed..with the traffic and all..i feel this is the best option for me....though even this takes one hour by the school bus.

5. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Hi shanti
    you are right we have bought our house in madipakkam but due to security reason I didn't disclose as I was new to the IL that time, since you are staying alone with your kids and FIL is it safe? and are you able to manage all the household works

thanks
    yamuna

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi yamuna,

I stay in a flat the other house i mentioned i have rented out as it is a little far for my kids school. safety is fine with me. i cannot drive because of spinal injury, i am managing everything on my own. and you get everything in nanganallur, madipakkam and velachery. if you have not been in these areas in past one year...you will be surprised by the developments in this one year...you have a nilgiris, 2/3 spencers daily on the medavakkam high road, from vanuvampet towards kilkattalai. now jeychandran textiles is constructing their showroom nearer to kilkattalai.

So it is not much of a problem....r u planning to relocate in phases..i mean you and your son and then your husband..?

7. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Hi shanti

As we are in a dilama whether to shift complete family /partially due to loan factors at the same time to continue here also is of great difficulty because of heavy expenditures and if I am continuing till 10th atleast I can not disturb my son's education but till then continuing with the same salary is impossible as the expenditure is keep on increasing very faster, may be in a month we will be fixing this issue, in the due course am doing all the preparation works as we are unaware of the future

regards
    yamuna

8. Priya2725

Priya2725 New IL'ite

Apartments for Rent in and around Tambaram

Hello everybody!!!
    Can any one of u tell me if tehre are any flats for rent in Tambaram ...
    As we cannot afford much, I would appreciate if the rent is in the renge of 2k to 2.5k.
    I know its very low and difficult to get ... But ... I m helpless friends please help me...
    Thanks for ur time.

9. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Nice to have a Discussion About Real Estate . We booked a flat of 1380 Sft(3BHK) ,promoted by Prince Foundations at the rate of Rs 2600 /Sft in DEC 2006 at Ambattur. Recently (Aug 2007) we performed house warming function and the Present rate is Rs 4000 /sft.

Regards,
    Latha

10. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi priya2725

Iam in East Tambaram................i know genuine brokers here........u pls PM me in detail in which area exaclty u want the house.........and other details......i will ytry my level best to help u.....