Current Sq Ft rates at chennai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by MeenLoch, Sep 1, 2007.

1. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

2. minarthi

minarthi New IL'ite

hi

ya u can check the same in Real Estate India,Property in India,No.1 Real Estate Site - 99acres.com

regards,
    magi

3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the links..
    Here s something that came in news about fixed and floating interest rates..Please read

From Economic Times

Let s keep the discussion on. If someone wants to share his/her experience here on buying a house, please write..

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi vidya,

That is a good news for new borrowers. but i had taken floating in december at 9% and now it has touched 11+%. waiting for november.:confused:

As i already stated always read the print clearly. sbi reset clause is very clearly mentioned in their website itself.

so go shopping with more details and questions to the manager or person who is allocated to you.

I will come back about how i shopped and finalised my house later.....

5. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Shanvy,

Your answers were quite informative . do u stay near adambakkam/ Mount?
    coz i stay in adambakkam next to Vanumpet church and its been already 2 years looking to buy a flat and at last ended up buying a land at Tambaram.

as u have mentioned the rates are rising to the sky and the intrest too . its almost comes to 16% for a home loan .

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi ramya,

I had been too much involved in finding a property for investment purpose for the last 2 years. after too many many discussions, had finalised a property this jan.

i know it is booming. the mrts link from velachery into mount via puzhuthivakkam is increasing rates. but i find lot of constructions going on.

If you are still interested i will give you details. yes interest is going up.. according to my husband he says until there is a stability achieved in the re the rates are not going to go south..he still thinks it will be northwards only.(that is on the rise)..

So where did you buy in tambaram and how much did you pay.

I am sending a pm also.

7. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Hello shanvy

being a IL reader for the past few days I find very useful informations of RE from you one of my friend bought a duplex house in madipakkam for 50 lacs May 2007 do you think this is the market rate the land 1200 and built area is 1700 need your feed back coz my friend is worrying of this high price
    thanks
    nachima

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi yamuna,

MAy 2007, real estate was at its peak...there is stability...but that was the rate going on in madipakkam....if it is not in the areas where there is waterlogging and is near to amenities..it is a good buy....tell your friend not to worry....

But now you may get the same house for 45lacs...but not less than that...
    because my property which i brought at 24 in january was at 35 in may
    and has stabilised at 30-32lacs...

so dont worry about the high prices...with the mrts that will link velachery to alandur..adambakkam..and the 200ft road from thoraipakkam to pallavaram.completion ......

9. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Hi shanvy

thank u so much for your response regarding the property rate and the school details
    and sory for my delayed reply
    my son has taken french as his third lang., and he is not ready to take hindi/sanskrit as his second lang in his 9th and 10th so I have very few choice regarding his school admission, and do u know about modern senior sec., school ags colony, does this school has french?

please let me know as I have to plan accordingly first I need to know about the details in that case this forum is very very useful my sincere thanks to all IL coz they are dedicating their valuable time
    yamuna

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi yamuna,

Which school does he go..ISM/ISG. because third language as far as i know is Arabic. my kids went to ism.

Modern school does not have french...and they have sanskrit/hindi/tamil as second languages/third.

I can understand your problem as i faced the same last year. my DD had taken french.