Curious to know gender of my baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by harshbharathi, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Re: Baby's gender

Looks like this thread is revived after a while... GIad to hear your input, ladies. I think unless people see or go through health issues healthy baby is never a concern and people just assume everything will be fine and only trivial things such as gender and skin color are of utmost importance. Sometimes even life threatening illness do not teach people anything. Oh well it does take all sorts to make this world!!

-L.

2. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear lavanya

i hot upon the thread only today...well when we get pregnant we just pray for a good and healthy baby...my mil has got 3 sons and my mom 3 daughters....and also my daughter was the first grand child in our house.....my prayers were just tht we shud have a healthy baby and we did have one....when we decided for the second one,our aim was tht both the childrenw ould have company for each other...the boy or girl thing never struck us....pregnancy and labour are very very tuff tasks in life which a woman undergoes...pregnancy is a time where we need to be happy always so tht the baby is happy n healthy...so i feel ppl just enjoy ur pregnancy and celebrate whatever child u get.......in todays fast world it really doesnt matter if it is a BOY or a GIRL..but by gods grace i have one daughter and one son and now getting ready for adventures of diff types in life !!!!

lov
    sowmi

3. rathna100

rathna100 New IL'ite

hello viji,Computer Typing
    i am rathna.i am now carrying 9 weeks.this is my first pregnancy.right now i am in abroad and soon coming to chennai. Can u plz sugest me good gynecologist in chennai and with address.Hope u will do this favour for me. and my second query is about gender of the baby.In which month u will know the sex of the baby.i want to share more and more things with the IL friends.

BowHOping for ur reply. see u all soonbonk.

4. mommytobe

mommytobe New IL'ite

Hi Viji,

Just my 2 cents..in india they never tell you the gender until the baby is born.

-Shweta

5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Rathna,
    Dr.Geetha Arjun in Sundaram Foundation, Annanagar seems to have a lot of good reviews both among doctors and patients. May be you can schedule to meet with her first to get a personal opinion and then decide if you want to stick to same doc or not.
    -L.

6. rathna100

rathna100 New IL'ite

hello lavanya,
    thanks for ur message.hope i will try ot get appointment as soon as i reach india.

7. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Lavanya

I think Dr.Geetha is with EVK Nursing home.Dr.V K Shantha is the one in SMF(Sundaram Medical Foundation).

8. rathna100

rathna100 New IL'ite

hi lavanya.
    i hav one more doubt.

i once upon had severe fissures,hope u know about this.it is nothing but severe pain and bledding wen ever i pass stools.it happened some 2 years back ,but now i am completely got cured from it and very consious that i should pass stools regularly esp no constipation.i have Witsend doubt that if i undergo normal delivery will this fissues will also be affected or is it best to undergo c-section birth.

plzz advise me lavanya. all other friends views is also invited.Bow

9. simmi_alpine

simmi_alpine New IL'ite

hi

nice topic and atleast we ladies should understand our value because we are the ones who want boys or may be trouble are daughters in law for giving birth to a girl!!!!!

10. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Rathna... as pregnancy progresses hemmorhoids are very common. If you are well hydrated and consume a good deal of roughage you should be okay. But sometimes women do get them even if they are cautious due to increased pressure with increasing weight of the baby. It is okay as long as the woman is not severely hemorrhaging due to this which can lead to anemia.

During birth as I understand the pressure is going to increase many many fold and this will cause rupture of various tissues, but remember its supposedly a natural procedure. So it is fine to have vaginal birth though there's previous history of fissures. Sometimes episiotomy and resuturing this will also lead to fissures but not to worry - it is not a must that all vaginal pregnancies will lead to all this. Exercise, hydration, fiber in the diet and avoid straining during bowel movements help.

In the worst case scenario even if you end up having hemmorhoids in the most severe form it can easily be repaired following your delivery. Hope this helps with your question.

-L.