1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Crochet and Knitting Works

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by jaymg, Mar 16, 2009.

1. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Su,
    Thanks for the appreciation. Means a lot to me.
    No Problems . I will send the designs with the kids. I thought that you might like it too. I did that one for a lark and have made 3 already. It is good fun. I used wool ( chunky Vardhaman yarn) for the last purse.:coffee

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Ambika,

Thanks. You can always send me a friend RQ or I cn do that . I will definitely think about the blog idea of yours.

3. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

Hi Jayshree,

Each of them is unique on its own. I learnt a lot of Crochet stuff and when I start working on it, I sit until I complete it. I will try to post my work soon.

4. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Amallela,

Thanks for the appreciative words. I do crochet when mood takes me and now I am totally hooked to the crochet bags and purses.

Pls do post yr work soon. I am sure that I speak on behalf of all IL crochet fans when I say that we would love to see your work.

5. sandy

sandy New IL'ite

Hi jayasri,
    I like what you made with wool ,I would like to know How you made scarf as I have idea on crochet work.can you please tell me what stictch you used...reply must be appriciated..

thanks,
    sandy

6. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Sandy,

The last bag with bamboo handle in beige brown is done in half herringbone stitch.

The scarf was made from a german book which has different stitches. You can adapt this for any pattern that uses odd no. of stitches+1 ch to turn. For eg cast on 5chains +1 chain to turn do* 1sc 1dc in the next chain skip next ch* repeat from * till the 3rd last pattern skip 1 st 1sc in the last ch.

2nd row 1ch to turn, 1sc1dc on top the last sc sk 1ch, scdc on next sc continue in patt

7. rama_mani

rama_mani Silver IL'ite

Hi Jayasree,

Can u explain the procedure for this bag. also explain how u add beads in between the stitches. I want to do one like this.

Ramamani

8. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Pls give me time and I will post the procedure soon

9. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Rama,

Here is the procedure for the bag, In this I have put the pearls all in one row and have not alternated it

Row 1: Ch6 sl st to form a ring.
    Row 2: 2ch 23 dc in the ring, sl st in the 2nd ch
    Row 3: 2ch dc in the same place (dc in the next dc, 2dcin the next dc ) 12 times( 36 dc) sl st in 2nd ch
    Row 4: 2ch dc in the same place (dc in the next 2 dc, 2dcin the next dc ) 12 times(48dc) sl st in 2nd ch
    Row 5: 2ch dc in the same place (dc in the next 3dc, 2dcin the next dc ) 12 times(60 dc) sl st in 2nd ch
    Row 6: 2ch dc in the same place (dc in the next 4dc, 2dcin the next dc ) 12 times(72dc) sl st in 2nd ch

Standup portion of the Batwa:
    Row 7: 2 ch miss 1 dc,* 3dc in the next 3 dc miss 1 dc, 3 dc in the next 3 dc* rpt till end sl st in 2nd dc
    Row 8: 3ch, * 3 dc in the gap 1 ch* rpt till end sl st in 2nd dc
    Row 9: 2ch, 1dc insert pearl in the steel hook and draw the yarn through switch back to wool hook 1dc, 1ch rpt till end of row.

Repeat row 8 and nine 7 times

Next row: ch 5 dc on joining dc, ch3 dc on joining dc repeat till end of row. Sl st in 2nd ch
    Next row: 2ch 3 dc* 4dc in each gap* rpt till end of row. Fasten off

Dori:

Make a long chain with the same thread and loop it through the 2nd last row twice. Join the 2 ends and attach a decorative bead.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  10. rama_mani

rama_mani Silver IL'ite

Hi Jayasree,

Thanks for your procedure. Till row 8 is ok. row 9 is given me little confusion. How we insert pearl. If we do crochet the yarn is coming thro the bundle in between how
    we insert the pearl. Please don't mind me explain me.
    =============================================================
    Row 9: 2ch, 1dc insert pearl in the steel hook and draw the yarn through switch back to wool hook 1dc, 1ch rpt till end of row.
    =======================================================

Ramamani