1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

crawling backwards

Discussion in 'Infants' started by loonypooh, May 3, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

LO has been army crawling all this while, she comes all the way to the kitchen on her belly!
    but for last 1 wk she has been trying to crawl.crawling backwards, she moves around and almost crawls, but backwards!

its hilarious..yes... but wondering anyone had a backward crawling baby?:hide:

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

congrats poonam! that means it's time for some baby proofing around the house!

they all begin by reverse crawling ... that's how they start. as my mom says, the car goes into reverse gear first and then goes forward. very normal, don't worry and enjoy it .. takes lots of pics and videos!

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

lol!ty pooja...!
    baby proofing hmmm...sofas are gone and we have "baithak seating" now..ever since she starting rolling round the clock and falling from every possible place.
    mattresses are on the floor.... about time for a more tidy home!

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  4. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

Poonam,
    yesterday i read your blog and it is very nice......we loved your little one's face with prune puree very much....she is so cute...

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

nithya, after long i uploaded the blog today :)

6. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

DS did the backward crawling before he started crawling forward. But it won't be long. ;)
    Enjoy this fun phase

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Pooh,

my girl did:)) when she started moving forward more than me DS gave a sigh of relief - 'amma now no more A will swim backwards. she learnt to come in the front' LOL! that's really cute scene though...

Latha

8. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

thanks mridu and latha for ur replies. but looks like she is on a roll.... today she got up at 5 in the morning and started crawling backwards... i lost it and shouted at her...,poor thing. now i am feeling so bad :( and guilty

9. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Poonam, welcome to the gang. :bonk If it is any consolation, we all tend to do it at times. Feeling guilty helps us in not repeating the mistake. We learn from our mistakes. Hugs!

10. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Pooh, mine now crawls forward. Earlier she did not do much of army crawl .. the little army crawl that she did was backward :).
    And she does the rolling always ...like they do in temples .... I am tired of keeping bed/pillows/cushions to protect her and with the heat here, I just leave her on a mat. She does fall on her face, hands, head ..whatever ... I am constantly inspecting :bowdown