1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Covid Crisis And Insenstivities

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Goahead, May 3, 2021.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Don't waste your time like this. Block him out and focus on living your best life. Otherwise you will ruin your own mental health and one day wake up and realize all those years have just gone by in a grey cloud. He is not going to care one way or the other.

joylokhi and KashmirFlower like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Goahead, the gist of your grievance is valid -- your husband does not by himself express concern or worry about your parents. Maybe if you express your worries, he downplays those and says they are younger.

You can make this into a big problem or you can put it in perspective. If unfortunately your parents ever actually need help from you, you know he will be there for you. Leave it at that. Do not spoil your mental peace and the peace in the house because he does not express enough concern about your parents.

You are actually quite even. He has to make you do things for his family. You do it because he is asking you to or forcing you to. If you call them up on special days or in the weekends, he knows you are doing it because he wants you to. He knows you don't mean the words that you say in the call.

We are going through unprecedented times. Let the pandemic be the event that makes you sort out life's serious problems from what is possible to ignore. Consider that there are thousands of people who would give anything to have the issue that is currently bothering you -- healthy parents on both sides but fighting about husband does not worry about your parents as much as he does about his.

joylokhi and Roar like this.
  3. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

You cant force someone to care about someone. If you wish you can fight the battle but its a text book losing battle and there is no hope of winning. Its upto you.

Rihana likes this.
  4. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

This.
    Please snap out of 'fixing him'.. we have a HUGE dangerous fire breathing dragon in India. I personally feel God is counting on us to be a part of a solution for this. Sorry if it sounds preachy. I didnt mean to.

Call your parents and talk everyday, call your friends and extended family and ask them if they need any help that you can do from where you are etc. Forget about him and his indifference.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  5. Goahead

Goahead Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much fir these words . I totally agree and hence do not react now . I just pronounce needed to vent and hear it out from you amazing ladies here . I know I will never win this battle and I should do what I can do the best

joylokhi and Rihana like this.