1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cough and Cold Remedies

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by kundavai, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Cough and congestion remedies!

Hi Friends,

I am posting after a long break coz my baby keeps me so busy :spinwhole day(she sleeps for just half hour in the afternoon) though she is not crawling yet but rolling a lottt!!!

I need your help as she is having cough and congestion for a week and now she is having runny nose also. Since 2 days she is coughing so much and losing her appetite day by day also. Please suggest some home remedies bacause when I called her Pedi she said it could be because of teething or flu and suggested to give her steam and use humidifier. I am already doing all that but her condition is not improving is there some "kadha" kind of thing for infants like we adult drink when we catch cold and cough. I fixed an appointment with her pediatritian for tomorrow but I cant see my baby suffering till then and afterwards(as I know they are not going to give any medicine shakehead).

Thanks
    V n baby

2. harshamanu

harshamanu New IL'ite

Re: Cough and congestion remedies!

you can try BIOCHEM NO 6 it really work(homeopathy).

3. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi harshamanu,

Thanks for your advice. I am already giving homeopathy medicine to my baby since a week it isnt working that much(may be slowly). Can I get Biochem no.6 here in US?

Thanks
    V n baby

4. Stephane

Stephane Senior IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    My son is 1.5 yrs. Till now he didn't have cold. Now he is having cold and fever for more than 1 week. I am giving milk with turmeric and pepper powder.and also I gave medicine for 3 days then I stopped.
    But he is not improved. He is not sleeping properly and not eating anything except milk.
    Please advise me about what kind of food I can give this time.

5. booboo

booboo Senior IL'ite

Hi VN baby

How many months is your child? For my 2.5 yr old pedi suggested to take juice of shallots(small onion) about 1 spoon and add 1 or 2 drops of honey and give. It's very very effective. This was suggested for my 2.5 yr old, not sure if it can be tried for youger babies.

Stephane u can make porridge out of broken rice and give. You can use boiled rice. This is the best food for kids when they r down with fever or cold, they will never throw out even if there's too much phelgm.

6. Kush

Kush New IL'ite

Coughing in baby

Hi

My son is 6 months old he cought sometimes. Is there any home made medicine which can be given.

Thanks

7. Kush

Kush New IL'ite

Cough - 6 Month old baby

Hi

What is the home made medecine for cough for infants.

Thanks

8. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Coughing in baby

Hi,

Check if he is teething, even my daughter had cough all of sudden on and off....later we noticed she is teething.,

9. RadhaG

RadhaG Senior IL'ite

Re: Cough - 6 Month old baby

Have you thought of Ayurvedic medicines as an option, they are a good alternative and are safe too.

10. shahnazshakeel

shahnazshakeel Senior IL'ite

Re: Cough - 6 Month old baby

Hi,

try this out. it has worked wonder for my kids as well as for other kids. hope it works for your kid. wishing
    your child a speedy recovery.

To stop night time coughing in a child (or an adult, as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapor Rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime and then cover with socks.