1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cough and Cold Remedies

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by kundavai, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Teju,

Sorry missed your post! Weleda is a German brand and i don't think it is available in India. It does work for my son but unlike english medicines these work slowly. Are there any homeopathic pharmacies in India? I would like to know...

Latha

2. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

hi Latha,
    I came across Himalaya Pharmacy last month and picked up a bottle of Septalin syrup.
    I am happy with this one. Its working slowly, but its working, I can see that...
    And also since its ayurvedic too, I am all the more happy.
    They even have Septalin capsules for Adults and I have that whenever I have cold, its works for me.

3. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

Latha, to answer your question on Homeopathy shops, I havent seen any near my area, but I know homeopathy doctors who sell products. So I guess if we go to the doctors, they will be able to get us whatever medicine we want.

4. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

hi kundavai,
    home remedy for cold-take 10 leaves of tulsi and 3 or 4 leaves of karpooravalli(tamil herb name) and garlic 3 cloves ...crush all and put in coconut oil boil for few sec to 1 min.then apply on the chest,under the jaw,behind the ears,front side of the ears i.e between the cheeks and ears,on the throat skin,on the nose,apply below the neck i.e on the back side of the chest.within few days we will recover from cold.

prevention from cold-boil few tulsi leaves and karpooravalli leaves,neem leaves.the proportion should be 3:2:1 in water and have to drink.you can give him once ina week or two weeks once.sure he wont get cold or cough.remedy for adults too but quantity would be high.
    nila

5. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

hi kundavai,
    home remedy for cold-take 10 leaves of tulsi and 3 or 4 leaves of karpooravalli(tamil herb name) and garlic 3 cloves ...crush all and put in coconut oil boil for few sec to 1 min.then apply on the chest,under the jaw,behind the ears,front side of the ears i.e between the cheeks and ears,on the throat skin,on the nose,apply below the neck i.e on the back side of the chest.within few days we will recover from cold.

prevention from cold-boil few tulsi leaves and karpooravalli leaves,neem leaves.the proportion should be 3:2:1 in water and have to drink.you can give him once ina week or two weeks once.sure he wont get cold or cough.remedy for adults too but quantity would be high.
    nila:cheers

6. kavyamadhav

kavyamadhav Bronze IL'ite

7. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

can anybody give me the remedies for dry cough.

8. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Cheer!

Two things that have worked out for my son..

1. turmeric milk.. Boil a glass of milk with little sugar and a pinch of turmeric and take it warm

2. Ginger and honey : grate ginger and squeeze the juice and add honey.. take a teaspoon of it

Hey, one more thing.. dry cough can be because of nasal congestion also.. check her nose..

Hope it works for you too..

Cheers! :cheers
    Sylvia

9. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

thanx sylvia, we tried it yesterday, but still she is having a bad cough so we took her to doctor & she prescribed a anti-biotic for her.

10. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Cheer!

I hope your little girl gets better soon..

All these home remedies help only to a certain extent and so it makes sense seeing a doctor.. atleast the kid will recover soon!

You take good care!

Cheers! :cheers
    Sylvia