1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

cool whip/whipping cream

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by cheenikum, Jul 2, 2009.

1. cheenikum

cheenikum Junior IL'ite

People
    Can someone tell me the difference between cool whip and whipping cream? Where can I find them both? Any specific brands to look for?I once mistook cool whip for whipping cream and had a tough time making the dessert..everything became watery and it was a total disaster. Please help..even posting pictures so as to differentiate between the two is welcome.

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cheenikum,

As per my knowledge, the main difference is :

Cool whip is non -diary which is made from water, corn and vegetable oil where as Whip cream is from cream(fat in milk).

You can get both in Walmart, target, etc.,even many farm markets sell those.

You can try KRAFT company, i got recently coolwhip , i use to place as topping when i prepared home made fruit.milk shakes.

You can googled and get the pictures....just search for kraft coolwhip and whipping cream.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Cool Whip is in tubs in the freezer section.....whipping cream is in the dairy section in little cartons.

4. cheenikum

cheenikum Junior IL'ite

Gokusha
    Thank you for the information, but am still confused. Will it be available in safeway?

Tashi,is there a difference between heavy cream and whipping cream?By tubs, is it like the one we get I cant believe its not butter?

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Heavy cream=whipping cream
    Light cream=Half and Half

Its in the same type of tube...they will be white with blue label and lots of stores have a rack of these in the freezer section near the ice cream. You defrost it a couple hours before you want to use it and you can refreeze. The store brands are a little cheaper and just as good.