Cooking chicken in electric oven!

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by swasal, Jul 16, 2009.

1. swasal

swasal Bronze IL'ite

I've a rotasserie function in my oven, it consists of a rod and two clips and two screws. This is for cooking rolliing chicken, but I really don't know how to use this. How to secure the chocken in this rod? Can someone tell me how to use this? Also can u give me some non-veg recipes which can be cooked in electric oven . I am new in using an oven. So please help! Thanks in advance!:bowdown

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Swasal
    You have to remove the rods and pierce the chicken into it and cook it.
    If it is boneless small pieces you can use the marinated chicken and pierce into those rods and cook it, if you want the whole chicken you can pierce the rod through the whole chicken and cook it. I hope you have a oven tray too in that. Becoz you have to keep that tray down sometimes a few drop of juice might drop down.
    I will give you a simple recipe here.

For the whole chicken wash it well under running water and keep aside.
    For marination( Which has to be marinated for atleast an hour.)
    3 to 4 clove of garlic paste or 1 tsp of garlic paste
    1 inch ginger paste
    Salt and chilli powder according to your taste.
    Tandoori chicken masala 2 tsp or you can even use chicken curry masala 2 tsp
    hungcurd 1 small bowl ( all the water should be drained out.) if no curd you can even use lemon juice here.
    Mix all these and it becomes a fine paste
    Apply it to chicken nicely and keep it to marinate.

Then put it on the rod and cook it. if you feel it is dry you can apply little bit of butter as it is cooking and the juice which is remaining while marinated you can apply on the chicken every now and then until it is gets cooked.

3. swasal

swasal Bronze IL'ite

Thank u, Arunarc!!! So happy to see a reply after such a long time (almost 2 years)!