Cook needed - Please help

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by selviraj, Oct 8, 2006.

1. vijisriram

vijisriram New IL'ite

Re: Beware of a house maid agencies at Chennai

HI all,

Last year i had a very bitter experience like this. I underwent a surgery and to take care of the house we employed a lady from a placement service at mylapore. A maid by the name chitra came n it all went well for a month. After that some days she used to come late and some days she wl tel some cock n bull story n got some advance from us. Alas one day we found our jewels n cash missing n that lady didnt turn up for work. Then the usual drama goin 2 police n we got everthin back. So i beg u all not to go 2 any placement services.

luv

vijisriram

3 people like this.
  2. hemalathaalexander

hemalathaalexander New IL'ite

Hi,

I had a similar experience when i was carrying my second child, 3 years ago. The first maid provided was similar to what was mentioned, vanished after 10 days, the second one was with me for another 15 days, the third one 5 days and by then i was frustrated....I had to keep reminding the agency to send someone over since i was 6 months pregnant and cudn't manage anymore. Nothing happened and since i hadn't learnt from my previous lessons, i decided to try another agency - except that this time i related my experience to them and instead of giving them service charges as cash, i gave them a 30 days later dated post dated cheque. It was a very sensible thing to do since on expected lines the maid provided was diseased and I cudn't retain her. I issued a stop cheque payment and asked the agency to take the maid back.

Since then i have staunchly refused to have live in maids and managed to get a maid who comes and goes.

3. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    i had a similar experience with an agency located in Tiruvanmayur ,i lost nealy Rs.2500 to them.The cook they appointed turned up for only 3 days and after she disappeared they promised one more who never turned up.So better be careful.I do not want any of my friends to get cheated.The one which I went thru was advertised in the Hindu and they have been in this field for the past 20 years..................It is better we get someone thru our known friends and relatives

4. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

Hi,

I stay in Velachery and am in need of a cook to make vegetarian lunch and dinner.
    I would prefer her to come in around 6-6.30 in the morning. Can someone give me pointers on how to look for a cook, what the approx salaries might be? Need only for week days.

Thanks!

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Re: Need pointers to cooks

Hi Minnu,
    You can contact any of the manpower agencies to get cooks, but they might ask for a month's salary as comission. Otherwise you can look for them in your local tabloids like Adyar Times or thru word of mouth. The going rate for cooks is Rs. 4000 plus. Depends on whether you want them to come once or twice and then the distance they come from, which might be salary plus the bus fare.

6. sandanamullai

sandanamullai New IL'ite

Servan maid / baby sitter required

Hi All,

I am looking for a servant maid to cook and tc of my 2 1/2 yrs old kid.
    Staying at home or coming daily basis also fine.
    Suggestions are welcome!!

tahnks,
    Mullai

7. gvk

gvk New IL'ite

re: Servan maid / baby sitter required

Hi,

Am also looking out for one
    Pls suggest
    GVK

8. shalini_p

shalini_p New IL'ite

searching for cook

Hi,

i am looking for cook who will able provide lunch for 50 people, in
    Villivakkam area.
    for one day,( for 1st death anniversary)

9. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

searching for cook

There Is a ladies group in Pallavaram are Who visits houses to cook on Sradha days, and other functinons knows all the tradisions and customs of the Brahmins. You may Contact
    Padma catering services
    No16, Anthoni Street,
    Ghandhi Nagar,
    Pallavaram
    Chennai 0600043
    cell9840623209.
    Please send a post card and ask the to call you, if you couldn't get that cell.

10. shweta0191

shweta0191 New IL'ite

Re: Looking for a maid/maid service agent

hi,
    I am shweta and I am working in chennai . i am looking for a maid for stay back to look after a child of 4, and do some cooking and house hold cores. Can anybody tell me some good agency where i can get good housemaids.
    Pls help me, i need it quickly.

Thanks,
    shweta