Controlling emotions during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Madhuram, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Madhuram

Madhuram New IL'ite

Why am I getting emotional

Dear friends,

I am pregnant (8th month).
    Friends, I want a suggestion from all of u.
    During pregnancy One gr8 change I have been observed from my side is I am becoming more emotional….getting angry, getting emotional & crying for small things… ….i used to angry for few mins (2-5mins), but now time gap is increased. As I don’t have a good cooperation from my parents…I am crying more…even for small things. Of coarse now a days I am able to control all these…like thinking less abt things which r hurting me.
    But, still I am little bit worrying abt this.
    Are these activities will continue in my future?
    At the same time its effecting my child also :cry:
    What should I do to avoid all these?

Second one is abt stretch marks, I am using pregna cream/strechnils….but still I got stretch marks…can’t v avoid this?

Thank u
    Madhuram

2. Madhuram

Madhuram New IL'ite

Dear friends,

I am pregnant (8th month).
    Friends, I want a suggestion from all of u.
    During pregnancy One gr8 change I have been observed from my side is I am becoming more emotional….getting angry, getting emotional & crying for small things… ….i used to angry for few mins (2-5mins), but now time gap is increased. As I don’t have a good cooperation from my parents…I am crying more…even for small things. Of coarse now a days I am able to control all these…like thinking less abt things which r hurting me.
    But, still I am little bit worrying abt this.
    Are these activities will continue in my future?
    At the same time its effecting my child also :cry:
    What should I do to avoid all these?

Second one is abt stretch marks, I am using pregna cream/strechnils….but still I got stretch marks…can’t v avoid this?

Thank u
    Madhuram

<!-- / message -->

3. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite

Dont Worry Be Happy !

Dear Madhuram

First of all, my best wishes to you for a normal and safe delivery.

Do not start worrying about your moods and worsen the condition for yourself. Blame the harmones for all the ups and downs. Its all quite natural. No, your foul moods will not carryover after your confinement.
    Get good nutrition. Half the problem of bad moods, is due to lack of energy.
    Learn deep breathing exercises.
    Take long, leisurely walks in the evening.
    Read humourous books. Avoid all weepy TV Serials,totally.
    Listen to a lot of soothing music. If you like western, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky are really relaxing. If u like karnatic, there are cassettes available specially-made for pregnant ladies.
    Look at flowers and green trees as much as possible.
    Dont brood. Remember the golden axiom: " This Too Will Pass !"
    Drink plenty of plain water.
    To take your mind off any irritating thoughts, do crosswords, puzzles, sudoku or even knitting.

Wish you all the best.:wave
    Vidyasarada

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Maduram

That is something 90% of all pregnant women said my doc when I had the same problem. Let me share with you her advise.

1. Try to get as much sleep as possible in the night though you might not sleep well in this advanced stage of pregnancy

2. Drink lots of water in the day but take less after 6.00 so that you wont have your bladder full in the night

3. Dont take heavy meals at night. Eat light and and take a good stroll around your hall if there is enough space after your night meals.

4. Try to take rest better sleep in the afternoon. Dont think that you will put extra weight, instead it will energise you.

5. If you have a temple or park nearby walk there and watch the people around it will revitalise your energy.

Wishing you a happy and safe delivery

5. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Dear Madhuram

Hi Madhuram
    In ur name itself u have sweet..U sholud not cry for small..small things
    Ofcourse, i heard this is common during prepgnancy
    Don't think about past things. It will get reflect on ur baby.
    Try to imagine ur baby.Once the baby comes in to ur hands u will be the happiest person in this world . Think about baby smiles , growth & all.
    Think in that way.
    If u got angry, always plz try to remember ur sweet memories with ur Husband,famiy members &Sweet memories of ur college days.
    Take a healthy diet, have a good sleep.
    If u have a habit of Knitting & embroidery..make some things for Sweet baby.
    Hope this will helps u
    Cheers:-D
    Bye Suneeta:wave

6. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Madhuram

It is quite common during pregnancy to be emotionally sensitive but it is in our hands to get accustomed to it and get it reduced. Do pleasant things as much as possible. Do not keep on brooding something. Be :-D always. Do some yoga and meditation everyday which is of great help to both mom and child and reduces your anger. Though this emotional outburst is common in pregnancy too much of it may have adverse effect on the baby so try to engage yourself in doing pleasant things. Do some reading which is the best thing we can do. As u know idle man's brain is devil's workshop, go on doing something especially for u r baby's arrival. Do not think of bad memories think of pleasant ones. Be happy and cheerful which is the best medicine for anybody.

Happy smiles

with all the best

Varudhini

7. ramadevivegi

ramadevivegi New IL'ite

Hi Madhuram
    first of all let me congratulate u because u r going to have a baby with in few days.Getiing emotional and crying for small things is very common in these days.this is mainly due to hormonal imbalace.there r some tips to overcome this stress.
    Try to listen melodius music[it will also makes ur babys mind sharp].
    start thinking about ur baby.
    Try to a morning and evening walk for 15 min[slowly] in fresh air

coming to strechmarks they get reduced after delivery.continue to aplly the antistrechmark cream which contains vit.E and aloevera.

8. nakkamanju

nakkamanju New IL'ite

its common-emotions

hi madhuram,
    i have been there n done that its very common during preg to be very emotional its all change in the harmones which makes us be so ...try to think happy thoughts when ever ur angry and relax more dont take anything to heart

regarding strech marks i would suggest cocoa butter cream which really helps to diminsh the strech marks...
    u can use olive oil too ...

try to use the cream as much as possible even after delivery too ..

hope this helps .....

happy pregnancy

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai Madhuram,
    this is one of the best periods in a woman's life, enjoy it. As the others sad, harmones may be the culprit. Talk to the baby and enjoy its movements etc. Eat smaller and more nutritious meals. Take more dry fruits, you will get all necessary things but won't get too full. Listen to music and watch small children. And also think of your baby all the time. Your mood may affect the baby too.Do not fret that people are not co operative. Many have faced worse situations. So be happy and enjoy your pregnancy.
    You can use almond oil on the stretch marks, they may vanish in the course of time. It is only natural that it occur, as the body expands. DO NOT SCRATCH IT WHEN IT IRRITATES. Eat almonds now and also after delivery, this helps in shrinking the skin. And it is not very heavy like cashews.Soak almonds in water and remove the skin and grind and add in milk. Drink this. Or eat it plain. And dates are very good because they contain lots of iron, which is very essential now.
    Be calm and do what de stresses you most.

10. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi friend

dear friend,
    how r u?? howz ur baby?? see advice is always easy for others...but here iam not giving u advice,just my suggestion...
    u r pregnant,this is right time to enjoy ur life fully...
    1.play some Devotional songs,so that is really good for & baby,
    2. talk with ur baby,yes with ur baby,u touch her/him & tell that u r angry becoz of this reason,or talk something,u must be knowing abt this,in ur womb after 6 months baby can hear u. so u'll automatically avoid ur temper,becoz u'll not show ur anger to ur baby right???
    3. go for a walk,to temple,to relatives house
    4. see ur child hood fotos,
    5. u r expecting too much from others,so the thing is if doesn't happen to ur wish u r getting angry,right???
    u focus abt ur baby only,becoz what ever u r thinking during pregnancy,the child will behave,be like what u did,so thatz not good for ur child...
    i think this will be very long suggestion to u,so ur kid will scold me:-D
    take care,be cool,all the best...8)