1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

continuing on OP's untouchability - the new rules

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Anamika99, Sep 30, 2014.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

No dear...your mil wins this one. Hers is a close second.:coffee

1 person likes this.
  2. Monjolika

Monjolika Senior IL'ite

Hi All!!

My MIL's logic. Periods ends on the fifth day after bath. This technically means 5 baths. So if you take five headbaths, one after another with a gap of one hour inbetween, periods are over. :confused2:

So you can go to temple, attend puja do anything.

Oh.. forgot to tell you, this logic is applicable only if she wants me to attend something. If she does not want, then i have to be untouchable.

:drowning:drowning

1 person likes this.
  3. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Is this for real!!!! Please don't tell me you did take 5 head baths in a daykneesmiley

4. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

this needs to be patented by your MIL, but since tampons cancel your periods .. good for you .. I would also start using tampons mine also would be canceled

1 person likes this.
  5. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

5 head baths is difficult ... would stick to tampons blackbeauty84's cousin's MIL is awsome

2 people like this.
  6. yellowmango

These mils and their convenient logic....:rotfl:rotfl

2 people like this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Tampons are easy and awesome method. However, 5 head bath is also not bad. See, there is no strict rule as to how long your head bath/or how many buckets you need to take for bathing. So, 5 cups of water from 1 bucket might be considered equal to 5 baths. So, this is so convenient than anything.

As long as the logic can be altered conveniently, why bother?

3 people like this.
  8. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

Let me share my story here Computer Typing After my baby birth inlaws came to stay wit me & i hv to follow the untouchability for 3days and 4th day i hv to go 4 head bath and i can enter into kitchen, though my husband dont like 2 follow but he allowed so dat atleast i can get lit rest from kitchen ,but my MIL give me lots of other tasks which ends with no rest for me :bonk After few month one day my MIL told she do nt want to follow all d rules but since FIL is insisting so she's doing it(main reason was she had to prepare d dinner during my untouchability time which she did nt like bcoz i spent a quality tie wit my DS and rest all d time..:rotfl) after 2yrs now due to my FIL's health issue my MIL told me avoid all these stuffs and i can go to kitchen on my 2nd day,but now she's allowing me to go to kitchen immediate after my bath. All d rules changed accroding time and as per MIL's flexibility :cry:

2 people like this.
  9. yellowmango

Chalo bhai....atleast we can't accuse mils of being inflexible .They are so willing to compromise and adjust :biglaugh.....even if it is just to suit them.

3 people like this.
  10. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

When I saw the name of the thread, I was thinking, it was going to be some serious discussion about untouchability. But when I read it, it is a ROFTL. :rotfl
    Hats off to all such MILS.
    My MIL is not a such stickler for such things, but when there is a pooja/festival she says even on the fourth day, I can do it. But otherwise, since I am regular in doing pooja, it does not matter to me one way or the other.

1 person likes this.