Contest to celebrate Raksha Bandhan - 2012!

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Join this contest for Raksha Bandhan...

Celebrate by sharing with the community a few things about your brother-sister relationship.

Tell us the following in not more than one or two lines.

Make it funny, witty, emotional and even sentimental. Do not dare to even vent!

1. What do you think is unique and best about your brother-sister relationship?

It could be...
    - your brother calling you by a pet name (like kutti-ma or gudiya) ever since childhood till today!
    - every time you think of him, there he is at your doorstep or calling you in your phone line :)
    - the hardship he went thro' to give you good education, or get you married, etc.

2. What changed in your brother?

Has your relationship with your brother changed in the last few years due to life events like your marriage, his marriage, living far away, family politics, etc?

3. Were you in double-trouble?

Share a funny incident that happened in your childhood where your brother got you in trouble or vice versa. How did you feel about it then and how do you feel about it now?

Contest end date Aug 15th, 2012.

WIN a Double-Gift - for you and your brother for this Raksha Bandhan!

13 people like this.

2. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

My brother is always my bestest of best friend. He always find a suitable solution to the problem i'm facing. Though he is younger to me, he acts like ma dad...Nothing can change our relationship. I believe he is God's gift to me. I always pray for his happiness.

With Love,
    Angellic...

3 people like this.
  3. deepthylakshmi

deepthylakshmi Bronze IL'ite

My brother is the best! friend of mine. Though i do not share lot of things with him i have learnt a lot from him. He always wanted everybody with him at all times. I should thank him for finding me the perfect match (my husband). Though he is younger he always advices me like an elder.

3 people like this.
  4. YasminA

YasminA Silver IL'ite

My brother call me as " Pepsi Uma" . He wont express his affection but everytime i felt he is best .Once i felt hard when parents came to know that i helped for his love but it fails unfortunately .Always he want me to smile :) Though he is my cousine not my own brother , But he act like my own .Am thankful to him .

2 people like this.
  5. Sakthidevi21

Sakthidevi21 New IL'ite

my another Jagan was studying B.E. C.S. and and he used to say that "PARTNER IN WINNINGS" as i always support him and guide him in all extra curricular activities in engineering college and as i m good with dancing and craft making he will get support from me in cultural events for steps in stage dances and also won first place in science expo on state level as i m microbiology he is C.S both we worked and developed one hand made product with bioinformatics . in that only he won. This "Partner in Winning" term was used by him on stage when he won in science expo prize receiving time as chief guest asked who is your motivator. He even wrote this in satin cloth and tied in my hand like band on that night. he was more expressive and that moment i felt as i won state level prize in that expo. it was the best and great compliment still i have. I will say the relationship is only help in trouble and not give us any trouble it may be friend, lover or brother so on. feeling lucky to be sister for my brother

2 people like this.
  6. nandhini4

nandhini4 Bronze IL'ite

My brother is another father to me..being a younger he is more matured than me he will take care me like a father.but i missed him lot as he was working in Hosur.After my marraige his love towards me become more.
    Double trouble i faced when we thought to buy tee shirt i will choose for my brother,in front of my hubby it tough to to give him because i didnt buy for him ,in that situation he handled well and ask my hubby to take that..this makes me liittle bitter thinking my brother i bought that one.

2 people like this.
  7. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

1.Friendship is the best/unique thing in our relationship:thumbsup.
    Just like in all old childhood friendships, We too had small fights/big quarels,good & bad times ,funny jokes , long evenings to play,deep talks about lives,emotional times etc...:cheers
    2.Nothing has changed in my brother :). After my marriage, we are not meeting so often :cry:. But we have our mobiles always:thumbsup . Whenever I plan to go to my native, my brother will surely plan accordingly to mine :clap.

3.We had so many incidents to remember and laugh.. One thing i never forget is he used to afraid of may dad. I used to ask dad for whatever he wants , even for pens & chocolates :rotfl.

My brother is one of the best things happend to me.. Really lucky :thumbsup
    Its really nice to share our feelings here with all ILs..
    Happy Rakhi !!!

2 people like this.
  8. joemuthu

joemuthu New IL'ite

my brother is my close friend and my soul as well i will feel lonely when he is not at home... and i wish him to be happy always........

2 people like this.
  9. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

Loved reading all your entries. Thanks for expressing your feelings towards your brother. Come on, just write about your feelings, it can make you feel better.

2 people like this.
  10. chabhal

chabhal Senior IL'ite

I don`t want to win this contest I just want to tribute to my only brother who left us and went to almighty but he still living in our hearts.Now I feel like a witness of festival of Rakhi to watch how people celebrate this day.But I never wet my eyes in this day,I salute to my parents who lost their young,energetic son and still never expect any kind of sympathy from society.I love my brother very much & pray to god he will live in the lap of God.Happy Rakhsa bandhan to all of u.
    May your brothers live long & healthy life & love those sisters who don`t have brother.

10 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.