1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Constipation Remedies

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Riyasmommy, Jun 30, 2008.

1. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

Hi Prasu
    Have you tried fruit smoothie? It is super duper hit at our place now a days with my 13 month old daugheter. She used to have constipation but as now she is having her fruit servings regularly, she is getting regular with pooping as well...

Love
    Meeta

2. GordonPears

GordonPears New IL'ite

It is better to give her liquid based food which solves the problem of constipation. Little bit of food should be given multiple times so that she didn't feel any thing.

3. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

Re: 2.5 old month constipated

hai,
    please anybody can help me?my 21/2 months old daughter is having problem in stomach.from last two days til now she dint pass her stool.i m worried about her.we saw pediatrician yesterday he told 'nothing to worry for infants if they are not pass stools for 3 days'.she is not sleeping yesterday night from 2 to morning 10.30.
    i gave warm water but no effect.now i gonna try to give a gripe water.is it safe?please let me know what to do for her?she is feeling very uncomfortable,my eyes are filled with tears.
    waiting for ur help.....pls
    nila

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2008
  4. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Hii
    My daughter is having severe consptipation for last 3 days. Yesterday she passed very little stool and its texture was hard a like stone leaving a red mark behind. She is a little fussy now and whenever chinnu rolls on her tummy she cries hard and loud. I gave her pureed prunes, and lots of boiled water. Also, I made her sit in warm water and gave ab. massages as suggested in above posts. Still no change. Called her ped and they told me to continue with her normal diet and to call them if there is no change for next two days.
    Is it ok to feed banana's and apple? Should I do any dietary restriction? Chinnu is 6 months old.

5. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends

My baby who is 3mths doesnt pass stools for 4 to 5 days. Though he is not constipating or crying when passing , we want to make his habit regular atleast on alternate days . I have tried giving Raisin soaked in water daily, but it doesnt work always.

I could see some of u are suggesting for Prune juice What is the Translation for Prune juice in Tamil? Pls guide.

Luv
    Brindha

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Brinda,
    Prunes are nothing but dried plums. Sorry, I don't know its Tamil name. Maybe other ILtes might be able to help you.
    - Nitha

7. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Nitha.

That might be of some help to me in understanding what it is to buy from shop.

Luv
    Brindha.

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Brindhaa - If you are exclusively BFing then it is completely normal for your baby to have a bowel movement once every 3-4 days. You really dont need to do anything to make it regular and I would strogly advice you not to try, with prune juice or with anything else. Once you start solids it will regularize on its own. If you are giving formula and the baby has hard stools then giving some extra water will help and so will prune juice. As far as I know there is no Tamil name for prunes- they arent native to S.India.

Vanathi.

9. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Vanathi for the detailed reply.

I felt as if i have spoken to a Doctor.Thanks once again.

Luv
    Brindha

10. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Wow vanathi..Just now saw ur profile. U r a pediatrician !!!!! Guessed thro ur reply .. Anyway thanks thanks and thanks.... Will be bothering u wit more questions in future :)

Luv
    Brindha