1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Constipation Remedies

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Riyasmommy, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Prasu

Prasu New IL'ite

Severe Constipation.

Hello friends,

My 2.2 months old daughter is very severely constipated for past 3 weeks. She stopped eating. I took her to ped. They pumped water from bottom and later in 10min she used to pooh. i took her once in 3 day and same routine continues.

I tried almost all tips in this forum, from soaked raisin, honey in warmwater in empty stomach, castor oil at bottom.... but still could not cure. i started hating visit to clinic. She is having only milk, cereals, juices. She stopped lunch and dinner. Some times 1/2 banana.

I am totally not in control and no sleep in night as i see her face in some pain, crying, shouting. she doesnot allow me even to clean her. that much pain she is having. Please help me to get rid of constipation as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
  2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Re: Severe Constipation.

Prasu - how old is your daughter? 2.2 years or months?

Vanathi.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Prasu,

i have the same question as Vanathi. It's puzzling that a 2.2 months old gets to eat cereals and drink juice:idontgetit:

Latha

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

try this links-

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/baby-kids-foods/30121-constipation-remedy-seven-month-old.html

Constipation in Baby | Infant Constipation & Baby Constipation Remedies and Advice - Constipated Baby Infant - Constipation Information from wholesomebabyfood.com

try to give her plum, pears great for constipation. I give her sweet potatoes, plum when she didn't poo for more then 1 day. but ur baby is too small. I'm also confused like others how come ure giving cereals & juices to 2.2 mth old kid????

5. Prasu

Prasu New IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    She is 2 years and 2 months. Sorry to lead you to confusions. Now also i am getting to start for clinic. no other go. i also tried remedies like plums, orange juice, warm water with sugar, 4 cups of water and many for past 3 weeks. but no use. Ped is repeating the same dosage.

I live in a non english speaking country. what ever i ask, he says it is normal, any thing u can give for her to eat. but no tips to get rid of this.
    My hubby is against such home remedies. He suggests only plums, but nothing else like honey in milk or castor oil at bottom. he says it will cause heat to body. what ever i give her will be in his absence. Unable to see her crying in stomach pain and dull face.

what would be the problem. has any faced such problem. please help out friends. Thanks in advance.

Prasu.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008
  6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Prasu - Sounds like your daughter is being given en enema each time. Now in India atleast this is not how we treat constipation. If diet adjustments dont work then she needs medicines everyday for 3-4 weeks to make her regular and then the dose can be adjusted and eventually stopped once she is regular. Please ask her pedi if a medicne can be prescribed instead of the enema. I dont think any home remedies are going to work at this point.

Vanathi.

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Prasu,

Which country do you live in? We live in Germany. Around the same age once my son had severe constipation. I first tried prune juice, banana etc., but then had to call his doctor when he started crying. He asked me to get on the counter suppository from pharmacy which I had to insert in his anus (i don't know if it's same as enema). I gave 2 suppositories and he was alright. After that for 2 days i kept him on high fibre diet, lots of diluted juice and no diary products. He was back to normal. Did you ask the doctor what caused this?

I do wish her speedy recovery... Latha

8. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Oh Gosh!! Poor baby. Prasu, no advice but I've got (((((hugs)))) for you. Hope your daughter feels better soon. Riya gets a little constipated every now and then but she gets back to normal once I adjust her diet to high fibre/low iron for a little while. Even in that situation I get so worried, I can only imagine what you must be going through.

Raj

9. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi Prasu,
    Do you mind sharing your daughters diet ?
    Maintain a food dairy and find the food which causes constipation.If you can share her diet we can find what maybe causing it.Increase fibre and protein in diet.
    Thanks
    Mangai

10. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I think you should go back and try to remember what has changed in her eating habits in the past 3 weeks..has any food change happened now that is causing the constipation?If you are from south India,why not give her just rasam rice for a few days-garlic rasam,tomato rice ,jeera rasam,pepper rasam etc.