1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Considering Moving To Secaucus

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by jshreya, May 15, 2016.

1. jshreya

jshreya New IL'ite

Hi,

My husband and I live in Stamford CT currently and are considering moving to Secaucus because of the short commute to NyC. Both of us work in midtown Manhattan. We are totally new to the New Jersey area and are looking for some help - (1) we have a 8 month old daughter and we like to go around to parks, etc. With her and engage in activities as she grows old. Is Secaucus a good place for that? I have read in a few reviews that Secaucus is a secluded place (2) can you suggest some good apartments in Secaucus? We prefer being in an apartment community as my husband travels for work quite a bit and an apartment would be good for safety reasons (3) how safe do you feel in the area? (4) do any of you know what the nanny situation is in Secaucus? I will be looking for an Indian nanny for my daughter. Are people usually easily available? Any ideas about the per hour or per week rate?

2. jshreya

jshreya New IL'ite

Any views, anyone?

3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Hi @jshreya! :hello:

Any reason you're focused on Secaucus? There are several towns closer to Manhattan.

If you're both working in midtown, you might be better off living in places like Weehawken or West New York, from where you can take a bus to Port Authority.