Congrats Nuggehalli Pankaja!

Discussion in 'IL'ite Wishes' started by Sharada, Dec 18, 2005.

1. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Words fail me!

Dear Kavya,

Being the victim of continuous phone-calls from two days,

it is only now-12.am, that Ifound time to open our IL site,

and OH!, what a wonderful surprise that met my eyes!

Kavya, of whom I have heard so much from my dearest

friend Ambika (Though years apart, affinity strong)

Kavya herself congtatulating me with immense

warmth and pride!

Words fail me, Kavya.....Thank you.......thank you....

It is an honour to be in your fold................
    ------ ------------
    NuggehalliPankaja

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Congrats, Nuggehalli Pankaja

Dear Pankaja,
    First andforemost CONGRATULATIONS AND WISHES FOR MANY MORE SUCH AWARDS AND FELICITATIONS. It is a great thing that deserving people get such acknowledgements.
    Let me confess, my mother tongue is Kannada. but as my ancestors had migrated to Tamil Nadu and Kerala, I was born and brought up in Kerala. I have forgotten even to speak the language in due course of time. Tamil has become the surrogate mother as we lived in Tamil Brahmin areas in Kerala. This may sound very queer but in a way we have learnt the language and culture of four states, as we follow theTelugu calender. So I can proudly say that I am example for National integration. We celebrate Ugadi, Tamil new year, Malayalam New year and also English new year. We celebrate Onam, all the festivals of Tamilnadu and most of the religious festivals of Karnataka and Andhra.
    Actually I can speak, read and write Tamil, Malayalam, English, Hindi very fluently. I am learning Sanskrit also now. I can understand Kannada.
    But sometimes I feel sad that we do not know our roots. The most popular and revered figure of our community is the Kanchi Mutt head the Poojya Sri Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati Swamigal or Mahaswamigal as he was fondly known as.
    I have a request to you, kindly try to translate some of your works in English so that we at IL can also enjoy them. Will you please think about this?
    And ladies, IL is becoming a very good place for not only other subjects but literature as well. What say? It is really a privilage to know and interact with such people as Varalotti, Ambika Anand , Sharada, Pankaja and Chitvish, Mano etc. I thank the person who introduced me to this forum. And I shall also introduce it to my friends.
    Hip hip hooray to all of you out there,
    Varloo

3. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Thank you

Dear Varlo,

You Had caught my attention while browsing, and the

congrats came as a welcome-surprise. Writers here, I

am used to applause, but the flow of appreciation

and genuine pleasure from a site which I just recently

entered, showering me with such warm feelings!

Really, IL is something extraordinary! I bless my

friends who introduced me!

Varloo, hands off to you for knowing so many

languages! I know only Kannada, English, and

T.V Hindi. You are a pandit compared to me. Since

you can speak Kannada, How about learning to read

and write? Yes, I hope to translate a few good works

of mine into English. Nice knowing you,

4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kannada’s First Lady Of Poetry In IndusLadies!

Hello Ladies,

We all know about the Senior-Most member in our site - Mrs. Nuggehalli Pankaja. She is known for her popularity in writing skills and we have also enjoyed some her wonderful poems in this Snippets section.

Follow through this link in Deccan Herald...

About Pankaja by Ambika Ananth in Deccan Herald

You can read more about her achievements, fame and popularity!

We take great pride in having the Kannada's first lady of poetry amongst us in the IndusLadies Community.

Share your wishes and greetings to her.

Congratulations...Mrs. Nuggehalli Pankaja.

PS: Thanks to Sharada for sharing this link and information posted in Deccan Herald.

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Pankaja Madam

Congratulations...Great to know such a great writer is in our midst!!!

Thanks to Indusladies for bringing us all together.

Cheers

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My best wishes to you, Smt. N. Pankaja !

Dear Smt. Pankaja,
    I am very happy to know that there is such an eminient writer in our midst in Indusladies. Please accept my warm greetings on your achievement.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Congrats!

Pankaja,
    I spoke to you on the very same day it was published. And you said it was an exaggeration - I don't think so, you deserve more accolades. In fact I think Ambika has portrayed only one facet of your endearing personality - that of a writer. I intend writing about you - your likes, dislikes, pet peeves and the warmth and affection that you shower on us. You always have nice things to say about your friends - and the trait I like best is that although you are a writer of repute, you still praise other writers.
    I'd like to be the president of your fan club!
    More success to you!
    Sharada

8. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

pls go ahead and write the article...

Dear Sharada

You are absolutely right, I wrote about only one facet of Pankaja's personality , I couldn't help it though...as you are also aware of word limits and deadlines, I had to showcase her writing abilities only to suit the occasion and befitting the Award ceremony. You please write a lengthy article bringing out her total persona. Will look forward to reading it in this forum.
    The coveted post of President of Pankaja's fan club is all yours for the taking. Many believe I am her daughter ( since we are seen together every where ) and so I am any way out of the race...
    Pankaja truly deserves fiercely competitive friends like us to win her heart...

ambika

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

congrats and vandanam

Dear Mrs Pankaja,

I knew you are a great writer, happier to realise that you are the first woman of Kannada poetry. Seeing you clad in the Ponnadai is like seeing Devi, who is the source of all art and literature.

Pls accept my congrats and vandanam.

respectful regards
    Vidya

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

congratulations

Dear Madam,
    My family joins me in congratulating you for your achievements. I saw the photo and also the read the article by Ambika Ananth. This year had been a photo year, what with the photo of Chitvish in Mangayar Malar, Varalotti in IL and now yours in Deccan Herald. Anyway, we are all happy to see the great people of our community in photos. Once again congratulating you and wishing you many more accolades.
    varloo