1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confessions of a Wealth Manager

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shaishav, Oct 6, 2011.

1. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hi rgs,

I am sure most of the viewers of this post would have already experienced this if they have bought financial products through their banks.

Corrupt should be out of everybody's dictionary...

Regards,

Shaishav

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shaishav,

Congrats!! and best wishes for many more to come :)

Akila

3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice post. You are a honest and brave person, and thanks a lot for sharing valuable info. Wish you a nice career and happy married life.

4. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Thanks Akila..

5. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Thanks Raji, I am sure this will help you decide how to deal with the wealth managers employed with banks...Let me know if you need any suggestion for investment..I would be more than glad to help..

Regards,

Shaishav

6. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

Shaishav,

That was thoroughly honest post!!! Looking forward to, more such information on your posts. All the Best!!

7. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

Yor are correct about these bank employees. I am a retired person and whenever I go to the ICICI bank, where I have my A/c the dealing officer always tries to sell their ULIP Policy. But I know the racket of selling the policy by the concerned staff and i polotely decline everytime. Once he he was asking me to take some scheme which will mature in 15 years. I lambasted him. I am already 61 years of age and he was forcing me to take a plan which will mature in 15 years. who will know what will happen to me in those 15 years. Such is the state of affairs in Banks

8. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

I was a part of such group some years back but opted to drop out...For you I suggest everything needs to be in fixed deposits or post office monthly income plan.

Today I saved 18,000 for one Ilite by suggesting her not to buy the policy she was almost going to buy. I am happy...My day is successful.

9. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

I forgot to congratulate you for having bagged the award for the finest blog entry. My hearty congratulations. I have put most of my retirement benefits in senior citizen schemes, fixed deposits and about 6 lakhs in post office MIP. But I committed the mistake of putting 3 lakhs in MF MIPs. and 1.5 laks in diversified equity schemes. Now they have all gone to dogs. i will have to wait for another 4 years. No problem. Any way Reserve Bank is giving substantial amount as pension every month. So no problem.
    You are doing a great service by educating people about achieving their finncial goals. hats off to you:bowdown

10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

This is a really good post Shaishav. Congratulations for winning the best blog of the week. This blog truly deserves the award! Not only did you explain the tactics used by certain bank officers to clinch the desired sale of policies, but you also enlightened us with the need of a financial planner to manage our money wisely. In today's world where investment and insurance policies seem to be mushrooming everywhere, it's vital for one to know how to invest their money in the proper channel. Thank you for the wonderful food of thoughts :)