1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conditioner roughens my hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by anithavaishnav, Dec 15, 2007.

1. anithavaishnav

anithavaishnav New IL'ite

Hey Friends,
    I'm a new member of IL.. was introduced to this wonderful site by my sis.. Great going...

Neways... here's my problem.. hope to get a solution...
    Conditioner roughens my hair [​IMG].. I apply oil for my hair the previous day.. wash it with Sunsilk Black Shampoo.. then apply conditioner, wait for a min and wash it off.. my hair feels as soft as snow when i wash off the conditioner.. then i dry my hair under the sun.. i don't use hair drier too..finally my hair becomes dry when it dries off.. what is the whole point in using Conditioner... Please help..

Regards,
    Confused...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts..

2. Rajul

Rajul New IL'ite

I have same situation .

3. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Anitha and Rajul,

Both of you have not mentioned the type of conditioner and the type of your hair.

You have to choose a conditioner which suits your hair.
    Each and every type of hair needs a different type of conditioner which suits its type.
    1. Choose a rich moisturizing conditioner if your hair is dry and frizzy.

2. Use a conditioner which gives you bounciness, if your hair is limp and fine.

3. Get conditioner made for normal hair if yours is healthy and shiny.

When you use Sunsilk Black, that itself is enough if your hair is not very dry and frizzy. Another conditioner is not needed for your hair.

4. anithavaishnav

Hey Latha..

Thank you very much for the reply.. Actually my hair was fine with only Sunsilk black.. I tried Sunsilk conditioner for extra shine and smoothness.. my hair is kinda wavey and a bit thick.. i just wanted it to be more smooth and good to touch..how good are the Dove products?Will my hair become smooth if i use Dove?

Regards,
    Anitha

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Anitha,

I do not think you need any extra conditioner for your hair. If you like a little more softness to your hair, change your shampoo . Use Biotique or Nyle shampoo for normal hair. It gives a little more softness than Sunsilk.

Always massage oil into the scalp before you take your shampoo bath. Have it atleast once a week, or as soon as you feel it gets sticky or dirty.

If it gets drier in the ends ( if you have long hair this happens ) apply oil in the bottom ends of the hair, massage it well and then comb it . Apply only a few drops. Your hair will not split in the ends.

6. anithavaishnav

Dear Latha,

Know wat? My hair feels at its smoothest when i start using a new shampoo.. Hair fall is also at a lesser rate during the initial stages of a new shampoo.. But then just after a few washes.. say 4 or 5 washes my hasir loses its charm.. the smoothness decreases and hair fall increases.. So what i'm thinkin is, (Plz do correct me if i'm wrong), even if i start using Nyle, just after 4 or 5 washes, the shampoo may lose its effect on my hair.. Is this just a myth?? i'm confused.. I apply oil for my hair every alternate day.. I leave it on for the night and wash it off with shampoo the next day.. today i tried applying oil just one hour before the wash.. and as u advised i didn't use the conditioner.. my hair feels great now.. i also put henna for my hour every fortnight..

7. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Anitha,

Do not use conditioners for your hair. Since you use Henna every other week that is enough. Your hair will look great with that.

Just use shampoo with a conditioner and do not apply a separate conditioner. Just see that your hair never gets dry.