Conceiving with one tube

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pray2god, Jan 28, 2009.

1. kiran1

kiran1 New IL'ite

So upset

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about six months. We moved to IUI and as a part of IVF approval I needed to get an HSG. I didn't expect anything so I went into the test without much fear. However, the radiologist told me (and showed me) that my left fallopian tube is blocked.

I barely made it out of the hospital until I started openly crying as I walked towards my car. And now I can't stop crying. I'm in my late 30s and I know the chances were decreased, but I am devastated by this additional obstacle.

It all seems so impossible right now.

2. anukris

anukris Bronze IL'ite

Re: So upset

Hi Kiran,
    I think I know that feeling you are feeling, so felt like replying to you.
    If you have decided to go forward with IVF, everything is possible. All thats needed is one good egg. Try not to worry. Don't read anything bad on the internet, trust in your Doctor and God.

Wish you tonnes of luck,
    Anu

3. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

Kiran,
    Please don't be so upset. Have faith. I am not an expert.But I have heard that if you have one open healthy tube, there are medicines to increase the chances of ovulating on the side with the open tube.
    There are a lot of experieced people here in IL. They will give you better info. Till then stay clam. With God's grace you will have a baby. Don't worry.
    Take care

4. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kiran1,

I am here with you. I have my left fallopian completely blocked. Dr. told me that there are chances to naturally conceive even if we have one fallopian tube working. There are quite a few stories in IL as real time examples and they conceived with jus one tube. As you are in 30's do not delay your treatment and go ahead with it, if your right tube is fine,you will have very good success rate in IUI. Also if all other factors are good except the tubal issue, then IVF is also an option.

There is no point in getting upset, cheer up my girl and face the treatments with smile. Success will knock your doorstep soon.

5. nahid

nahid New IL'ite

kiran there are two points:

first is there any reason for ur blocked tube? my first cousin was diasgnosed with both the tubes blocked in first hsg three years back.however on further diagnosis the doctors found three fibroids which were blocking the tubes(although i also have fibroids but they have not blocked my tubes)...anyways after laproscopic removal of her fibroids both her tubes were declared patent and after three months of the surgery she concieved(iui).so pls go ahead with finer diagnosis also.

secondly as our other friends have said it is very much possible to concieve with one patent tube....just be positive and quickly decide for iui or ivf with your re's consultation...as your biological clock is ticking fast.

baby dust to you.

6. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Dont worry dear Kiran. Since I don't have any knowledge about IVF, an not here to advice on these medical clarifications. Whatever I know is ..............God is there to take care of your prayers & needs. Surrender yourself to Him & He will definitely give a way for this.

Good luck to you.

7. PPrasath

PPrasath Senior IL'ite

Hi Kiran

Dont worry and cry.. it is not the end of the journey!
    But a start of new way..

I even have just one Ovary and i have heard success stories with that...
    so please dont panic..

Concentrate and prepare your self mentally and physically with a positive outlook for IVF...

I am sure it is going to work for you..

Baby dust to you
    Cheers!
    Thara

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kiran,
    Welcome to Indus ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Sorry about the tube block. I do have one! Since you are in your late 30's, its good to proceed with the treatments sooner. There is nothing to worry if you are going for IVF, tube blocks has nothing to do with IVFs. Try few IUIs; i have heard success stories after a HSG. Just go ahead with positive frame of mind. Take up IUIs, relax during the procedure. Hope it brings up success to you.
    Don't worry about tube block & age factors. Just proceed with your treatments.
    Baby dust to you.

9. kiran1

kiran1 New IL'ite

Thank you so much, Ladies, for all of your replies. It has been a difficult time. I am going to try and think positive, pray, and lead as best a lifestyle as I can. I also signed up for acupuncture in the hopes it will help. I will just keep putting one foot in front of the other and do all I can.

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kiran,
    That is what we can do dear. Just try our level best. Hope the positive mind set & acupuncture help you achieve pregnancy soon!
    Baby dust to you.