Complication Pregnency in First..Is it will be same in second Too..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Rishal, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Rishal

Rishal New IL'ite

Dear IL..

I want some guidelines to think before planning second baby. I have My first pregnency very complicated. I'm really scared now to think second thinking all that.
    I have 3.5Yr old son.(Rishal) Who born in preterm (32weeks). And with some phsical development issue.
    In the first trimester I was diagnised and My Gynac told there was Twin. But in 3rd month i got bleeding and after scanning one was not there. After that also manytimes i had bleeing problem and my gynac was put some injection for continuous 8weeks.
    In 8month i got labour and delivered 2.2weighted baby.

Now I'm really feeling to have second baby. But thinking all this i'm really scared my pregnency and baby.

Please suggest if any precautions needs to be taken before getting in to second or whether not to plan.

Regards

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Rishal,

Stay cool. Don't worry. I had a perterm baby too (first pregnancy at 33w) but baby was fine and weighed 4lbs 4 oz and with 2w of NICU stay he was sent home by GOD's grace. Since, I had this preterm history now my GYN is giving me makena shots every week starting from 16w till 37w to prevent from preterm labour. So, you can check with your GYN about this shots option when you get pregnant with 2nd.

Also, there is nothing like if you deliver premature baby first, 2nd would be like that. With advanced technology, there are always exceptions. My mom had preterm baby (1st ) and 2nd was normal baby (me).

Hope this helps!

1 person likes this.
  3. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Every pregnancy is different. Being preterm for the first time does not mean that it's going to be the same second time. One of my aunt has preterm at first and second time full time. I guess she was on progesterone shots/tablets (as Anita partha said )second time. I know another friend's friend who had preterm both the times. But she refused to take tablets Dr prescribed second time(as her baby wad premature first time, Dr prescribed something yo prevent that for the second). I think best will be consult a gyn and find out your options and her expert opinion.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rishal

Rishal New IL'ite

Thank you Anithapartha. sure I will consult GYN.

5. Rishal

Rishal New IL'ite

Thank you for your suggestion. Is taking progesterone shots/tablets having any effects?

If some know more about this please suggest me.