Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted here

Discussion in 'Krishnaammas Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, Dec 9, 2006.

1. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Re: Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted h

Dear Krishnamma,
    I bought premier nonstick kadai,coating is coming out.can i use this for cooking?

running nose irrukkum pozhuthu, can i use tomato for rasam? tomato jaasthi use panninaallum, jalathosam varumaa?

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted h

Hi,

Please dont use the kadai here after. That is not good for our health.

Regarding using tomato, you can use. No problem. Are you still having running nose?

3. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear krishnaamma;

yes mami, running nose kammi agha matengirathu?it may be dust alergy naalayum irrukkum ,endru naan feel pannukiren .becoz nearby,building construction work is goingon.

4. krishnaamma

Dear gsaikripa,

Do one thing. Make 'jeeraga melagu' rasam and eat with rice or drink that.

Take ginger tea.

வெந்நீரில் விக்ஸ் போட்டு 'வேடு' பிடிக்கவும்.

I think this will work.

5. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Krishnaamma,
    thank u so much & i will tell the FB.

6. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi Krishna Amma :wave,

I am back ;-). I have a question reserved for you. There was a sweet served in one of the weddings we attended few days ago. It was a kind of sevai which was crispy and we had to soak it in flavored milk so that i becomes soft.

I remembered the kind of instant sevai which we get in stores & it has to be put in boiled water. Its something like that but after serving the sevai, they topped it with flavoured milk so that it was soft to eat. I wanted to get it from sweet shops but didnt know what it was called :(

Can you tell me what is it called? It was so delicious that I cannot resist eating it :)

Waiting for your response,

Anu

7. krishnaamma

Hi anu,

How are you? It is called as 'peni' generally you can get them in all big shops. Like Reliance, Food world, Spencers etc., You can see them where you get packeted snack items. you can get them in sweet shops also in Chennai but dont know about Bangalore.
    Just get them heat milk and pour on it.( add sugar in milk) That is all your dish is ready. My son Krishna, (now he is 22) started his first payasam with 'peni' in Hyderabad. But it contains lots of vanaspati.

Try and tell.

8. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi Krishna Amma,

Thanks for your quick response :clap. I am doing good... Hope the same with your family & yourself.

Peni -- Nice Name. Oh... I guess, this is an instant payasam dish then. Instead of adding broken vermicelli & heating it in milk, we are getting it readymade.

Good to know that. Let me check in Reliance, Nilgiris.... Will make a try and keep you posted.
    One more thing. I became a Junior ILite... :wow

:cheers,

Anu

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Krishnamma,

I tried Pudhina puri and Pistachio milk today... excellent recipes. For puris i used chapathi flour instead of maida and made a paste of the mint and green chillies in mixie without adding water. I'm yet to attempt your recipes with whole urad dal (with skin)... will give feedback whenever i make.

Thanks... Latha

10. MadhuRao

MadhuRao Silver IL'ite

Re: Krishnaamma's Recipes, Kitchen Tips & Ingredients - Index!

thanks u so much for posting these receipes...is there a weblink to this...how can i download thse?:coffee

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2008