Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted here

Discussion in 'Krishnaammas Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted h

Hello Madhu,

Thanks for your feedback about Krishnaamma's recipes.

You can access her recipes through the index thread. You will find the recipes listed into various categories. Click here!

The recipes are not downloadable as files, but you can print the recipes thread.
    On the top purple menu, click on 'Thread Tools', 'click here for printable version' and you can print from there if you want.

2. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Re: Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted h

Krishnamma

Just love u for the wonderful readymade podi recipes:bowdown. This sunday , my home was filled with mixie's noise.... Made my life easy for the rest of 5 days...Thank youBow

I wasn't tired and spent just half-an-hour for making sambar (with tamarind paste), kootu (podi came handy), after a tiring day at the office.Otherwise I would be stressful and irritable.bonk When my DH enters, I will halfway cooking, looking tired.My DH was surprised when he saw me fresh and asked "Kuttu, did u cook today, you look so fresh & happy??"Made my day.. :) I said, credit goes to krishnamma & indusladies. Till then he thought, I was just doing some vetti arattai.... Thanks a lot..

Luv

Ridge

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ridge,

:thankyou2:Thank you very much for your feed back. :clap:clap:clap Very good job done. Yes as you said it is very useful and handy. My husband and my son use this tamarind paste and make sambar very quickly. Actually I started a web site for them and after coming to IL I posted them here also. All these ready made powders and basic paste will be useful to reduce the strain of cooking. Enjoy cooking!

4. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Krishnamma,

I am facing a problem making dosas and hopefully u can help me.
    The dosa batter comes out perfect.no problem there.
    But when i am spreading the dosa batter on the tava the first few dosas spread v easily but after that the batter starts sticking to the tava and i cant spread it out in circle at all.So many dosas i have to throw because of this problem.
    I use a gud quality non- stick tava as i dont know to cook in traditional indian tava.
    Please help me,how can i spread the dosas properly.

Thank you,

suji

5. krishnaamma

Dear Suji,

Since you are getting few dosas in a good manner, it is the problem of over heating.
    So, keep the heat in low and adjust now and then. Browing of the side will indicate you the over heat of the tawa. So at that time slightly reduce the heat.
    Or low the flame, just sprinkle some water on it. Clean it with a tissue paper. And then try for another dosa.
    Or just switch off the fire wait for few min. then again start doing.
    OK?

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hello Krishnamma,

Hope it's not intruding on my part to give my tip to Suji! Suji, I too use a non-stick tava for dosai and had the same problem. Now follow my friend's suggestion... whenever the dosa starts sticking and refuses to spread sprinkle some water on the tava. this sort of tempers the heat and makes the tava uniformly hot. Then spread oil or proceed normally with the next dosa.

Latha

Dear Krishnamma,

I came here to ask a doubt on puris. My puris puff up well when I'm frying but the moment i remove it, all puffiness is gone and they look sad:( Is there a trick to keep them puffed up atleast it goes to the plate! I have tried rolling them thick also no result:( Latha

7. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Krishnamma and Latha!!! Thanks a lot.
    I am doing dosa on sat and shall try it.
    As i am expecting i crave for dosas,i can eat dosa with fresh coconut chutney any time on the day!(even now typing this i am feeling like eating dosas) Now i can cook gud dosas.

suji

8. krishnaamma

Hi latha,

No problem, anybody can give tips to others. :ideaBut I think I gave the same tip to her as one of the suggestions.

Coming to puri, add 40 % bombay rava, fine quality (suji) when you mix wheat flour for puri. The puff will be as it is for at least 30 to 40 min. ok?:thumbsup enjoy.If you make big patura i:coffeen this, children love them so much. Biiiiiiiiiiiiig Puffed puri. even we love them.

9. krishnaamma

Sure Suji,

Definitely you will get good dosa this time. enjoy.:coffee

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Thank you Krishnamma! I'll try this tip. I think we both were typing at the same time:) i didn't notice your suggestion to Suji when i posted the reply. Now I'm off to try your quick sambar recipe with murugal dosai;) this will be our dinner... will post feedback after a satisfied belly:drool

Latha