1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Code Language Between You And Your Dh

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by akshaya452, Jan 29, 2018.

1. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

I was not mad at you either. just been busy over the weekend.

Sandycandy likes this.
  2. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

thanks for recognizing my positive side girlllllllllllllllllllll :hearteyes::cheer:

3. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

girl i am impressed. i would saw say some thing more sweeter to ur DH. and dont make it too butter and tell me wht treat u received.

I am really fan of IL site, but have to remind my self to come here .we are here to help one another. i got lot of help and lot of info. My ideas and tricks are working on my DH , so i being little over confident that these ideas and tricks may work on every men. so sharing my thoughts here.

the only reason i keep this thread is to at least make few sides of the Married life section with happy threads. I know i am very fortunate that i got wonderful DH and KID. recently i am seeing iL as a complaint box in the relationship section . Some time it in Inlaws , sometimes Parents and some time siblings.

so the Only place where a happily Married IL can foster or progress is Married life section. i dont want to see this section too tragedic.

even if the rough face going ILS can come and get ideas and try those ideas to make their falling apart married life stronger. who know may be if these tough phase Facing ILs try someething from these threads and the god can see it and may ignite the brain to the spouses of these IL's

4. Zxcv

Zxcv Silver IL'ite

it is so much fun reading all these comments!! between me and my husband..if i want to tell him something when in a crowd..i either cough or clear my throat or the typical stare..but 9 out of ten times he may not recognize it so i go to the kitchen and drop something and he gets the hint :tonguecrazy:

5. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

:laughing:

That’s very natural. men don’t get it that quickly.:laughing:

Zxcv likes this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I agree the relationship section could use some cheer. But it’s hard to try these tips and tricks when one is tempted to throw plates at the spouse. Romance only happens when there is mutual respect right.
    But nevertheless, spread your butter , spread your cheer here !
    May the romance and happiness gods bless you abundantly !!! :hearteyes:

UmmWhatNow, shravs3, Naari and 2 others like this.
  7. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Dear Op - good to know you have a very loving husband and you both are enjoying this marital bliss.
    You are right that the relationship/marriage forum is generally full of complaints or vents or solution seeking problems.Had most of us have had a code language with our respective spouses,or the spouse knew his way around romance,we wouldn't be here in the first place. Anyhow,refreshing to see someone actually enjoying marriage as it should be. All the best.

8. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Deleted

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  9. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

In our case , there is enough reciprocal from both sides . Details of it are not meant for public consumption . Somethings are too sacred and should be kept private .

Thanks anyway :blush:

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Akshaya, I overall get the gist of the suggestion - do unto spouse as you'd like him to do unto you. And like others in this thread, I appreciate your spirit and how you respond to posts.

But somehow, the "obey to his words" "respect his decisions" and then "slowly turn the plate around with lovely gestures and sweet smiles" bring one word to my mind - disingenuous. Or 'oblique'. And complicated.

Why not keep it simpler. Play fair. Fight fair. Argue fair. Make up without keeping score. Try not to bring up the past in fresh arguments. Revel in the romantic times and learn from the angry times.

Maybe I am reading it wrong. Or maybe I am focusing too much on the 'obey to his words' and 'respect his decisions.' The former goes very against the grain for me (I don't expect even my kids to 'obey' me), and the latter cannot happen without the decision being arrived at after a (mostly) mutually respectful discussion.