1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Code Language Between You And Your Dh

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by akshaya452, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Akshaya, that's great that you both are still playing with balls and ringa ringa roses to keep the romance alive.:D

For us, there is only pet pooja and kids pooja after coming home from work. I get busy with cooking and next day prep and DH takes care of kids. Due to lack of time, we normally have straight up 1-1 talks whether it's for chores or anything else. DH takes forever to decipher code words so doesn't work for us. Silent treatment is reserved for In laws visit. I have 2 kids who can only play so much to keep themselves busy. For the most part, they are hovering around us . Times when we do get affectionate towards each other , they will be very curious to know " what you doing mom and dad"??

We do have special moments of exchanging roses (mostly from DH) but our days of rings and chains are long over. Sigh!

Please take our comments positively. I like the fact that you take so much initiative to keep the romance alive though it does sound dreamy.

2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

OP, I liked the way you handled everyone’s questions here without losing your cool. Got to give that to you. You definitely have tact and ability to handle situations coolly. Now that is one of the ways to keep the peace at home and also indirectly fostering way to romance between couples (if not fostering at least not acting counter to any romance that may have a possibility of budding). Possibly that is one of the ways you stole your man’s heart by handling potentially flammable situations so well. Can’t say that for myself, so keep it up!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  3. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Thinking I might be hopeless something or just “hopeless” (no hope of changing whatsoever) maybe !:roflmao:

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Haha that’s why I defined “hopeless” to indicate it can be used in a positive context. I did not want akshaya to throw that plate at me !

Naari likes this.
  5. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Oh yeah! She definitely falls on the positive side of it.
    My definition was to understand me better;)

akshaya452 likes this.
  6. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Positivity is not just a born trait, it can be acquired too. But needs effort. Can be started with things like respecting others, Stop ridiculing members with nicknames you like instead address them with their original handles etc etc, positivity starts building up slowly but steadily.

7 Ways to Practice Positivity and Optimism Every Day | HuffPost

7. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

As fun as it may sound to engage in, not accepting any flammable invitations to a fireworks party! Happy Saturday :blush:

Sandycandy likes this.
  8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Well handled Naari ! Who says you are not positive ?
    P.S from quoting TOI to Huff post, that’s quite a progress ! There’s hope....
    Happy Saturday :)

9. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

girl Stop pulling my legs.

I dont have hynotic or manipulative powers . But after giving birth to a child my DH become my first child. I was more attached to him for the wondeful gift that i could ever ask for. So i started being more affectionate to him and showing more attention towards him and that is what i believe came back.

this is funny. when he is using tht code language try to wink at him with some romantic smile. he will fall for you for sure. Try winking to your DH like Priya Prakash Varrier.

10. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

Not sure how old ur kids are , trying something like hide and seek with in ur family. it will be fun. You hide first and let the kids find u with help of their DAD and reciprocate it.

For this I would say try something that you haven't done so far in ur married life. It should be new and enticing ur married life. If you have any occasion like kids birthday or DH Birthday make use of it. dont wait for occasion. it can be anything. try and show that you did it for him just for him. it will definitely reciprocate back.

Yes Dear,i took it positively . I was not mad at you. just been busy over the weekend.