Coconut To Grate Or Not To Grate?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Thyagarajan, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Instead of grating, Cutting coconut is quite easy. So, Lets go to the hack which I learned today from a cooking master in a wedding kitchen.

Step 1: Broke the coconut into pieces. Then heat that (in your gas stove) for few minutes.

Step 2: Then transfer that heated coconut in a bowl full of normal water or chill water using a handler.

Step 3 : Once it gets cool, Now you can separate / scoop out the coconut easily from its shell.

Then one can remove brown skin & chop the white coconut similar to other vegetables using a knife. And if required chopped pieces grounded gently in a mixie.

Try this next time when you are using coconut. Share this with your daily cooking partner or your Mom or Dad or whoever.
    Another hack is keep the coconut with shell in deep freeze for a while. Then remove cold white coconut from shell without the brown skin which will remain stuck to shell.

joylokhi and svpriya like this.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

My method....
    Break the coconut. Keep the two broken halves in microwave for 30 seconds..It would come out easily.
    Syamala

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Hi. Thanks. Permit me to award you
    upload_2022-12-19_12-8-11.jpeg
    God Bless upload_2022-12-19_12-8-11.jpeg

4. Thyagarajan

I did go through resources in UT & impressed with over half dozen methods to extract meat and water with ease. Here is one such link and rest too in UT Are worthwhile.

Coconut is a nut not easy to crack and this nut is chosen to break infront of entrance to temple in a place set aside for this purpose. A granite stone in a huge trough set up and the worshippers of vinayak aka Ganesh throw the nut with force on to the granite. ( when they got their favors granted bythe Lord) . When it goes into smithereens, it is believed all evil eyes fallen on the person breaking the nut would automatically vanish. Coconut is equated to Lord shiva since this nut on one side always has three equally spaced eyes of which One is soft and one can pierce it with sharp tool to collect the nut-water untouched.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022