1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Coal!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Dec 24, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Once again, I thank you for your nomination Viji Madam. And I have to admit one secret here. I get more clarity not while I post but only when I see the feedback. :)
    So, feel free to write anything that you wish. There will always be a substance in your posts or feedback. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,

u eating papads, i thought that only the sindhis do it eh ! Well i can tell u, we too used coal in the sixties, and the papads that come out taste better than anything. and my grandma used to bake /cook fish on it, and it wsa out of the world, the fish was marinated with so many things, like curd, masalas, and then some whiskey was poured on the fish, and some cashewnuts, and then baked on coals, andu can imagine what must be the taste, sorry u may be a veg, and i dontmean to offend yr sensibilities, just i am remeinded of the coal, and its uses.

A great poem as usual, and now u have some stiff competition in a new comer called Ojantrik, what a writer, all comme nts of yrs and mine will all get diverted there, he is that great a writer.Watch out.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Kamalji, for your nice feedback. I am not the least offended by your description of the nonveg food that you enjoyed then, Sir. And I am more than happy to n ote that special flavour that comes with using coal in cooking. Regarding OJda, I am very happy that he is back after a gap. Who is not moved by his writing? And I am elated to be even compared to him Sir. It would be like this:
    "Am taller! Am taller!", shouted the kid,
    Standing on the shoulders of his dad,
    Who admitted what the little one said
    And smiled for making it real glad.