Cloths During Pooja

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by GraceN, Jun 12, 2017.

1. GraceN

GraceN New IL'ite

Namaskaram

I was visiting a relative in Kerala quite often. The maami said that we should wear un stitched cloth. Hence she wears Mundu a kind of unstitched cloth and covers the top with similar such cloth. Is there any such thing in the Hindu culture? If so I will follow that too. Else I would like to ignore.
    What ever to be done for following the original culture I wish to do. I hate compromising in the name of modern trend.

Ps: she also said while going to temples as an exception she wears only blouse and a loin cloth called koupena.

phoneixbird likes this.

2. phoneixbird

phoneixbird New IL'ite

There is a reason behind for wearing dresses in temple. In science wise Temple is a ultimate place for positive energy surrounding in every where. So that only to wear unstitched like mundu dress in temple for men, that a reason women's wear gold for temple. Gold have ultimate power to attract positive energy.

CoolPie likes this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I have worn sarees to temples in Kerala. That is acceptable . I am not comfortable with wearing just the blouse and Mundu.
    I remember wearing a Salwar kameez once to a temple there , was asked to remove the pants and had to wrap my dupatta around like a skirt . I looked hideous ( my hairy legs for the world to see ) but God was happy it seems .

4. phoneixbird

phoneixbird New IL'ite

Errrr. Most of the time some brainless authority persons doesnot know the reason behind the rules, they just know the rules. If I face the situation , never enter the temple again in my life time.