1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Clothes During Periods ?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by EagerForInfo, Oct 3, 2022.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Like I mentioned suddenly I’m getting all kids of questions about periods. My question today is what about towels and coats in usa ? Do u wash them after using them for periods ? If not what do u do when u have to go to temple ? Keep a separate towel and coat ? Sorry lately I’ve been getting all sorts of doubts. What about shoes ? Of course we take them off so I guess it’s ok

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Culture and certain religious customs should not be compromised if you are following the same religiously.
    However, the purpose of practicing the same is for traditions' sake, then of course you have no choice, but changing when you are mixing with new traditions. It is bound to change with time.

It is impossible to wash the coats, shoes, handbags, caps, umbrellas, and eventually everything we touch during periods to feel purified enough to go to the temple. Because we use a lot of things, and some aren't water proof to be washed.

But if you sincerely belief it is religious, then it is purely up to you. It is each person's personal, rather unique experience & belief.

In this case, you may chose a pair or two of clothes, jackets, and other things that are washable during period, and wash them all once you are done with your period.
    But I wonder what would you do with phones and other gadgets you touch that aren't washable?

swarnamary likes this.
  3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Also how about regular clothes ? Reason I’m asking is with regard to me I have a hard time keeping track of clothes so I keep an extra few pairs separately for temple and pooja purposes. But now my daughter who is 10 got periods. How should I manage her clothes ? She refuses to change her clothes before going to temple. Or just today for dusserah Neighbhors invited and she went like that without changing clothes and wore the same clothes she wore to school and I think she has the same clothes on that she wore during periods ( might be without washing too ) I am complicating things I know but can’t help it. Can someone shed some light on what u all do ??

4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Keeping the spirit of religious practices is important. Practices should keep with times.
    If one can compromise with circumstances and not isolate oneself as was done during the olden days, then why not change enough to overcome this thought of periods being impure?
    With access to good hygiene , we should stop with these regressive thoughts, hard as it is given we were conditioned into this for years.
    Let's stop implanting these period taboo thoughts in the next generation atleast.

Laks09 and lavani like this.
  5. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Anyone else who thinks like me ? Please offer suggestions

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You have to decide these things and do what’s best for your household.