1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

cloth material for making ghagra

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by ladki1, Mar 9, 2012.

1. ladki1

ladki1 Silver IL'ite

Hi friends

i want to sew a ghagra for my little sis for her birthday as a gift...i want to do some hand embroidery also.But am confused which cloth material should i take....I want that material should be little shiny also..I think i will go for any silk material..Plz help me any idea ......

secondly,,,From where can i buy it..I think chickpet will be the best...i dont want to spend a big amount also...

Plz friends help me to choose the material and the place...will be a great favour for me

Thanks

2. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Synthetic material is good for gagra i think.I feel material should be not too stiff.It should drape well. satin.crepe chiffon Georgette are suitable.These materials are available in shops which are in the street behind commercial street.

3. ladki1

ladki1 Silver IL'ite

Thank u so much....maam

4. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

wow thats so sweet ! ur younger is lucky to have a loving sibling :)
    i feel satin and crepes are the best material beside silk , since you want to do embroidery but if you want to make something trendy you can try net fabric also . these days you get beautiful and shiny net fabric which has a pattern , you can put satin or shimmer under it and it also looks nice !