1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Clippings – Fussy Vegetarians, Ghosts

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Clippings – Fussy Vegetarians, Ghosts

DNA , Jaipur , dt 29<SUP>th</SUP> March 10 had this to report, as under

[​IMG]

Seems the Oswal couple are vegetarians , and want the workers working on the construction of their home, to not eat their meat sandwitches during lunch, while working on their home.They are building multi crore Bunglow, i think 50 crores and above one in Australia.Now at lunch time, they will eat at the site, what they want, is nt it ?

There is uproar among the union and the workers. Well each to their own.I have been having this situation since the day I got married, Harsha being a pure Veg, and me a pure Non Veg, as u all know by now.I have adjusted by now, I guess so has Harsha mellowed down.

I guess this lady, when she delivers a child, the doctor should be a Veg too, the whole hospital no one to eat meat, while she is around eh ! Her driver should be Veg eh ! My Friend's mother was sick and in bed, and my Friend got a nurse from Red Cross , Kottayam, they are very good in their work, and they are allowed for 6 months, and then replaced with another, so tht the nurse does not get emotionally attached with the patient or the relatives.

Now the Nurses being Southies, I think Keralites, they are fond of Fish and rice.And my friend and family is pure veg, where even kamal cant eat nonveg, what about the poor Nurse. She being forced to eat veg, for she dare not annoy the Red Cross , or the patient’s family.Caught between the Devil and the Deep Sea eh If I was in their place, even though being a staunch veg, I would personally go and shop Fish for her, for she is taking good care of your mother, who is paralalized and bedridden, and these ladies I have seen, so damn sincere, and pretty reasonable too. Something like 6000 per month, full 24 hours with u. As they say, Atma Parmatma . Why be so fussy, and force yr opinion on others.Let everyone be, if they have to go to Hell, bcs they eat Fish, so be it.We are not Gods to judge and force people. I don’t mean to criticize anyone, just my two cents.

Reminds of an old saying “ When u employ a person, would u prefer a capable one or a good one ? “ Say I want to employ a Car Driver. My life is in his hands. Now I have a good driver, good in the sense, he is a good person, he does not swear, dosnt eat nonveg, dosnt drink ever, no smoking. Fine.but his driving is not perfect.On the other side, I have a capable Driver, very good at driving, keeps the car in good condition, but he has all the vices, he smokes Beedis, the bugger drinks off duty, swears at people who cross the path of his car, dosnt shave or look very clean, but he is good.

Now with the lives of your family and yourself in his hand, tell me which fellow u would choose to place yr life in ? Chew that over !!!

And what if a lady like this Australian one, needs a kidney transplant, and just one suitable one is available, that of a Kamalji type fellow.I guess she would prefer death than have that nonveg kidney ?I would be curious to know the answer.

Ghost Scare in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jodhpur</st1:place></st1:city> Prison

[​IMG]

Best place to put people like Mayawati in, eh ! But I swear , the ghost will run away, and solve the problem.HAHA

Reminds me of my Jaipur brother, he used to study in St .Ignatious School, in Mumbai which is bang opposite Arthur Road Jail, at Saat Rasta , Mumbai. His classmates used to boast with each other, My father is there, he has commited one murder,another guy says, listen, my Dad has murdered three, and so on. And these kids would go meet Dad in Jail, and Dad maybe tells the teachers, give good marks to my son, or else !!!

So there I end , dear friends, have a great week.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Father to DAughter - Beti badi hoke kya karogi ?
    Daughter - Maa Banugi, Paise Kamoogi, Padhai Karoongi, Shadi Karungi
    Father - Jo bhi karo, sequence ka khayal rakhna.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont marry and make one woman happy.
    In fact, remain a bachelor and make several women happy !!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun with one Girl - Ananda
    Fun with two Girls - Mahaananda
    Fun with three Girls - parmananda
    Fun with Many Girls - Nityananda

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gabbar, ( God bless his soul), grabbed Basanti in a dark room, hugs her tightly and asks her " Basanti Mazaa Aya ' ?
    Basanti - Kutte, room ki light to jala, main Basanti Nahin, Mausi Hoon !!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</STRING>

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji

Enjoyed your humorous post.

Regards
    viji

3. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Aren't there many in this world who take things to the extreme? Like the caste system - I often wonder, when these so called " higher caste " are in need of a blood transfusion do they transfuse them with only " Special high caste" blood ?.
    Ofcourse there ARE small minded people in this world who would choose the GOOD driver!
    We are vegetarian and like Harshaji nonveg is a no! no! at home. But our boys have been encouraged to eat non veg and they are 100% meat eaters ,who can eat anything that crawls ! Believe me, its is my dear MIL ( not literate but educated ) who told us, " Dont bring up the children like we grew up. Teach them to eat NV it is less complicated! If they want to turn veg the choice should be theirs! "
    When our younger son was about 7yrs, he asked me one day," Amma who are brahmins" So, I told him "those people who dont eat meat are" To which he promptly said," thank God! I am not." This question was because he had eaten a meat cutlet in school and his teacher, mind you had fired him saying what a bad habit it was for a brahmin to eat meat!

Really enjoyed the post. Including the Nithyananda ..Fun with many girls.......

Regards,
    Usha

4. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Me again! Mayavathi and the ghosts! Hahaha........Too good!

Regards,
    Usha

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    great news indeed!!!I feel though it may look silly her point is correct and respect should be given to her words.
    Meat eating is creating bad karma and you are also creating a vicious cycle," Radhika, who along with her husband owns vegetarian fast-food chain Otarian, said. "It's destroying us environmentally, economically and socially. I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I've always been a vegetarian so I have always felt strongly about it. First, because of religious reasons, but then later because I realised the greater good associated with it," said Radhika, who in past accused the meat industry of "raping the earth".
    Pankaj, who is in New York this week helping Radhika prepare for the launch of her vegetarian fast-food chain, Otarian, defended the meat ban, saying "This is our home".They are also multi millionaire, so nothing wrong in having their own choice.I applaud her for standing up to the barbarian tortures that animals endure to meet the demand for gluttonous slobs .
    Regarding ghosts, you are correct. But if our south indian politicians and Nityanandha are put behind the bars Mayavathi will run away !!!
    Now instead of joke a [​IMG]
    ghost picture to add spice to your post.
    Now joke:
    Two men were walking home after a party and decided to take a shortcut through the cemetery just for laughs. Right in the middle of the cemetery they were startled by a tap-tap-tapping noise coming from the misty shadows. Trembling with fear, they found an old man with a hammer and chisel, chipping away at one of the headstones.

"Holy cow, Mister," one of them said after catching his breath, "You scared us half to death ... we thought you were a ghost! What are you doing working here so late at night?"

Those fools!" the old man grumbled. "They misspelled my name!"
    with love
    pad

6. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal:

I am slowly getting addicted to your clip posts. The first one about veg-non-veg was somewhat shocking I must say. And, in your frank, no holds barred style, you raised a vital question. The point about kidney transplant ! Brutally clear. As you know, I have no prejudices of any kind at all, least of all about what people should eat. I agree with everything you have said. The second clip was good too, especially the reference to Mayawati.

The Nityananda joke was great.

This Red Cross Nurse thing was news to me. I often wonder what will happen to us when we turn infirm. We are just a lonely old couple. I wonder if they send their nurses all the way to Kolkata!! I would be most interested. Basically, I don't want any one of the two of us to be found dead in our apartment a week after we are gone. The stench could be nuisance for the neighbours.

Incidentally, I put up a newspaper clipping. Competing with you!!

Best wishes.

oj

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  7. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear kamalji.

Very nice posting with high dose of humour. i really enjoyed .

Dear at our house when my mother was bed ridden for three years we had the home nurses. They will keep change and all were non veg while we are pure veg. We loved the girls so much and were treated them as our family member. But dear, how will we make non veg for her in our kitchen. We cant make as well as we cant allow her to do in our house. So we used to ask her to go out once in a week along with our servant who was a local to have non veg food. That was the maximum we could do.

We had a driver at hyderabad. Ours is a huge society and there were lots of drivers mingle with each other when they are not engaged. Our driver was good in driving . one day some argument came between them and our driver just went outside and brought some of his own fellows and started beating the others. It became a police case and my son and DH went into the police station several times to clear off the FIR. Then we decided not to keep any drivers. So deffinitely we have to consider both the aspects to employ somebody.

ganges

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

Even while staying in Australia, this couple, so gungho about Veg-Non-veg. That too, the labourer were having on their own. Such a narrow minded people!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown

We are pure vegetarians, but my DH used to have sometime non-veg before marriage outside, and sometimes, when he go to places for official work, where it is very difficult to get veg dishes. as of now my kids are vegetarian, but when they grow up, i will give them choice to choose.

"Sequence ka kyal rakhna" HAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA:rotfl and nityananda joke too was very good.

9. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji- Pranaam. Like Harshaji I am a strict vegetarian and like you my dh loves meat. But I don't have to cook it for him and I have my own separate pots and pans- I even have my own separate freezer. My daughter eats non-veg and I have no problems with that. I don't think people should make a big issue of such a minor thing. When we entertain friends we have to take them to a place where they will enjoy their food and I sit with them while they eat non-veg pretending to eat some rice and boiled vegetables. These are all small adjustments in life which we do for the sake of our loved ones.
    My dh has an elderly friend here who is a doctor and we both love and respect him like our own elder brother. Some three years back he had kidney failure and since then he has been in and out of hospitals and he needs dialysis every third day. My dh offered him one of his kidneys because they both are of the same blood group but he refused that. In this country it's long wait for a transplant of any organ and we found out that in Pakistan it's easier and cheaper.
    We suggested to him about this and he got very upset and angry. He shouted saying 'even if I have to die I will, but I will never accept a Muslim's kidney'. They have done blood transfusions for him several times in the hospital and he has never said anything against it. Who knows whose blood it was! It could have been a Muslim's blood for all we know.
    Nothing wrong in having certain principles in life as long as it doesn't hurt or cause inconvenience to others.
    Oh! I forgot to mention about ghosts. I have written about my personal experience here in IL under the thread 'What do you believe? Are ghosts real??' Hope you will read it...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  10. vinoran

vinoran Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    After a very long time I am replying to your wonderful blog. I am a silent reader of all your blogs.

Meanwhile, I humbly object the comment about Ms.Padmini about vegitarianism. Do you agree that all plants trees have life and silently living? If so how can we eat? Naturally we will starve to death. According to Bible almost everybody mentioned in the book were Non-Vegitarians, including Jesus. (ex: He fed 5000 people with Fish and Bread on his 'Sermon on the Mount')

This is my personal thoughts only and no offense to anybody

Thanks & regards
    Vinoran