1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Class 6 and after ...!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, May 21, 2010.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

@ padmini

Thank you for this response. It came from deep within your heart, I have little doubt on that.

Good Friend, you have elevalted me higher than the height I deserve. To tell you frankly, I enjoy staying the way I am. Full of imperfections. I don't want to consider myself to be better than anyone I know. That's the only way to keep your mind open. That's the only way to keep learning to the last day of your life.

When you think clearly, all successes are short lived. It's failure that pursues you all your life. Ultimately it's a battle all humans need to fight with God. A battle fought to understand her/his true nature. S/he challenges you as it were and you begin to run. You run knowing fully well that you will never find out. S/he is too great to be perceived by a creature as small as a human being. Perhaps humanity as a whole will someday find out.

Left to ourselves, we are simply crawling children trying to learn how to stand up on our two legs and begin to walk. Having learnt to walk is enough compensation for our labours. But the way is endless. It is not possible to reach journey's end.

This is why we should enjoy smiling, laughing and making fun of ourselves. I know that this is difficult to learn. I fail all the time, because I have expectations that I will find human approval. Such expectations are erroneous in a way and are bound to lead you to unhappiness.

Love.

oj-da

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

OJ da!!!

:) :) :)- Did they? I mean fall in love!! Hmm... How come I never noticed? What does a woman in love with OJ look like? Draw me a picture so that I can go back to memory-land and search for her/them. I will buy each one a large slab of chocolate

C'mon you are now trying to make fun of my statement :).
    What makes you think that falling in love is just something that you can do and not anybody else falling in love with you? You will need a big box full of them OJ da - the chocolates I mean.

How would they look like?? You will find them frantically going through bookshops and making a very sincere effort to learn and understand Shakespeare so that they will have something in common to talk with you, if at all they muster up the courage to even look into your eyes and stand in front of you. Of course needless to say, they will make a maha disaster of the understanding of Shakespearean works and Tagore's poems. They will not know how to say things to you. Possibly a literal translation of Bengali into English, which you hate (isn't that what you said?). They are very ordinary women around you whom you barely notice because they like to be unnoticed. Silent admirers who spin their dreamy webs around you. They have nothing but your well being in their prayers.

Good to see you like this. Take care.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Goodness gracious me! Hey k2s, you almost sent me to jail. After reading your description of the women, I rushed off to bookshops in pursuit of the self-effacing women paging through Shakespeare etc. How on earth would I know what they were searching for? So, I silently crept behind one and peeped over her shoulder to find out what she was rummaging through. I came too close I guess, for she turned around sharply with a frown that sent me back to Class 6 once again. I think she was about to lodge a complaint, but I disappeared before she could. I ran so hard that I almost sustained a heart attack. At 67 it's hard to run fast you know!! :shaking:

I don't know what happened to the big box of chocolates I had carried with me.

oj-da

Last edited: May 25, 2010