Circumstances - What are they?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Aspire, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Thanks DNM for sharing your thoughts. You have made me think on the parallel happenings and the choices we make.

2. Siat

Siat Senior IL'ite

Well meet Aspire :)

*laugh*
    Sometimes I´m forgetting, that other peoples are sleeping (or going to bed) while I´m going to start my day :biggrin2:

In fact the topic of the forum of my husband and me is "(Neo)Paganism" (like Wicca, Asatrú or some kind of Shamanism) and other spiritual paths, so we call our Forum "PanPagan".
    Originally the term came to popularity through the author Robert Anton Wilson:

Reality tunnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We found this really true, maily when You´re talking and discussing with people of different faiths and spiritual views.
    There isn´t a right or wrong, just a point of personal view and knowledge ;)

*lol*
    Yes, I know and understand very well what You mean. =^^=
    But I guess, thats a part of our spiritual growing ;).
    Well, maybe not exactly that kind of calming somebody´s needing...:biglaugh

Blessings and best wishes
    Siat

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  3. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

"Sometimes I´m forgetting, that other peoples are sleeping (or going to bed) while I´m going to start my day :biggrin2:"

Reminds me that time is also relative and are several :biglaugh

"The theory states that, with a subconscious set of mental "filters" formed from their beliefs and experiences, every individual interprets this same world differently, hence "Truth is in the eye of the beholder."

Hmmm..thats interesting! :thankyou2: for sharing that Siat.

However, I guess, I need to learn german to understand the forum you mentioned and your posts. :)

"There isn´t a right or wront, just a point of personal view and knowledge ;)"

Thanks for sharing the wisdom. This leads me to the "Individuality" concept of reality...:bonk

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  4. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Siat: I was able to go through some of the articles in your forum. (thanks to the Google Translate, it helped me to not have to learn German for that).

Very interesting articles indeed. :thumbsup

Will go through many more of the articles over there. Thanks again for sharing. :hatsoff

5. Siat

Siat Senior IL'ite

*laughing*
    Yes, reality is such a nice thing to discuss and to think of.
    But sometimes its mind crushing. =^^=

Reminds me a bit of the story of Zhuangzi, who was dreaming to be a butterfly and when he was awoken, he didn´t know if he was Zhuangzi who dreamed to be a butterfly or the butterfly who dreamed to be Zhuangzi.;-)

You´re welcome :).

Thank You very much! [​IMG]
    We´re trying to do our best

*lol*
    But be aware, sometimes Google Translate makes some funny translations ;-)
    Yet I haven´t found just ONE automatic translator that didn´t make me cry for laughter :biglaugh
    Reminds me of that: Engrish.com

If You like to join us, we have serveral members who are speaking English very well.

Uhm... Well, but I guess I´m going offtopic.

:)
    Yes, of course.
    Like Zhuangzi and his butterfly dream.
    And not alone "reality", if we look at other concepts like "moral", "ethic", "truth", "right and wrong" and so on... They also depend on the same.
    As indivuduals we all may have different views.
    That different societies are able to work depend on the fact, that we all are educated in a way that we´re sharing some kinds of "main moral/ethical concepts" of the societies (we´re sharing a part of our reality tunnels ;) ).

Have a nice and blessed evening!:hiya

Siat

6. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

One of the other reason for this discussion I initiated is that, many times I have observed, we also seem to often use circumstances to define and identify ourselves and others.

Ex. "Loser", "Lazy", "Nerd", "Brat", "Good", Bad", "Successful", "Emotional", "Practical", "Dreamer" etc..

I believe, circumstances themselves have little, or nothing, to do with who a person is. Labels and branding do not identify us. We are so complex that simple words only describe a small part of us, and then may be invalid because of extenuating circumstances.

But then why do we still do so? Is it due to our ignorance or due to what? :coffee

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  7. syndirya

syndirya Senior IL'ite

I think those circumstances are situations where you feel too helpless, because your limitations does not allow to you to overcome. Some time we have seen many people they never fall in those circumstances or if they fall they overcome very quickly because they work on they weakness to remove it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  8. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Thanks Syndirya for joining in and sharing your thoughts. Yes true, some have way to handle situations and some a do not get into those situations. But I was wondering about how we identify ourselves and others in a situation.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  9. Siat

Siat Senior IL'ite

Good evening Aspire,
    phew... You´re asking questions... XD
    I´m suspecting there isn´t any satisfactory reply:confused2:

Of course imho You´re right, circumstances themselfs have nothing to do with who a person is and that labels, branding or pigeonholding don´t identify us.
    Personally, I think our valuations figure into this, which base on our tenets.
    If I´m able to handle and change my tenets, I´ll be able to handle and change my valuations. Pure psychology. ;-)
    But it´s a bit hard to find it out and to work on that [​IMG] and many people avoid it to face themself.
    Although it´s just easier to "blame" circumstances and things like that for something that happen to someone (in case of the horrible nuclear tragedy in Japan "Mother Earth"). Why? For different reasons, I guess. For example maybe it may easier to bear.

I don´t think thats just ignorance but many different reasons.
    The human psyche is such a tricky, complicated, complex... thing, so we shouldn´t forget this :)

Kind regards and blessings
    Siat

10. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

@Siat: I know its a tough one. The pysche part was good point. But still always makes me wonder why we do it..unconsiously. Many times our judgment is clouded in this way and makes me feel that, there may be more to it than meets the eye.

Many times the view of the circumstance changes as more details are revealed and at each stage then it looks that it was important to ask and understand the “why”. This changes what you had believed in before.

This reminds me always to not be too quick to judge others based on initial and obvious circumstances. Perhaps there is a 'bigger picture' with extenuating circumstances that are crucial to understanding.

But I guess that can be another thread... :bonk