1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic Vitamin D Deficiency And High Inflammation Markers

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by gknew, Sep 13, 2023.

1. gknew

gknew Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I know we have a thread about vitamin D deficiency by @SGBV. Just wanted to start a post only about chronic low vitamin D and high inflammation.

I have very low vitamin D and been taking high supplements for around 6-7 years. It never crossed 30. I have tried both d2 high dose supplements and OTC d3 +k2.
    No changes yet. I check my vitamin D every 3 months. A
    My level was 34, 3 months ago and that was the first time ever it crossed 30. I am seeing rheumatologist for my health issues. He gave me an active form of D along with high dose d2 and d3 supplements. I was assuming the value increased because of that.
    They told me to continue the same medications until it gets better.

I rechecked the D last week and the value was way lower than the previous result. It comes down to 21. My Dr is so confused and not sure why my values are decreasing irrespective of so many medications. He said he don't know the answer and just asked me to continue all the medications.

Anyone have chronic low D? What helped you to get back to normal?and after how many years?

I also have some health issues for which I am seeing the rheumatologist. He do check my inflammation markers every 3 months. It's high since end of 2021. Been taking medicines and anti inflammatory diet, it's not getting normal. It was so high when I tested in 2021. It's reducing by 2-3 values but not within normal range yet.
    The normal range for that is supposed to be 0-10 whereas the Dr said It has to be below 3. Mine is at 15 now.
    It was 31 when I first tested.

I am just confused of low D is causing inflammation in the body.

Any ideas or thoughts to increase the D value?

2. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Not saying that your high inflammation could be because of the COVID 19 vaccine, but you might want to think about your timeline on when you took the vaccine and when you high inflammation started.

I personally know people for whom similar things got triggered due to th vaccine. Doctors will not answer this or you might not find such things on YouTube as much because of government suppression of such information.

I hope you are able to find a way out of this.

gknew likes this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

There are several studies on correlation between low vitamin D levels and inflammation markers. Are you measuring the CRP? Vitamin D is also tricky to get to the right levels. Sometimes supplementing may not be straightforward. Have you tried going out in the sun for about 15 minutes every day? I’d wear a hat or put sunscreen on the face but otherwise let your skin be exposed to sunshine.

gknew likes this.
  4. DDream

DDream Platinum IL'ite

Take high dose D3 along with magnesium for proper absorbtion, with meal. I took cod liver oil as well. Try to elevate it to 70 or above, then maintain it.

Pl note that low D can trigger autoimmune issues. Your gut health is not good, thats why its not absorbing well. As you have inflamation check if you have leaky gut. There are tests for it. Also, take Omega3

Mine was 9, then it became 65. My health was good ( autoimmune ). I stopped, then it dropped to 20's and all issues( flareup) started again. So, try to maintain it.
    Check these videos to get some idea

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    gknew likes this.
  5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

@gknew in my case, inflammation is because of leaky gut. I take medicines,Probiotics (dr. gundry's) , and lectin free diet.
    Try going in sunlight for 30 min everyday exposing as much as possible to sunlight.

gknew likes this.
  6. gknew

gknew Platinum IL'ite

I will check this out. But wondering if it will cause chronic inflammation. It's been high for close to 2 years. Thanks for this perspective. I will research more on this.

Thoughtful likes this.
  7. gknew

gknew Platinum IL'ite

Yeah I am talking about CRP only. I am checking CRP every 3 months and it's high. My chronic pain( still trying to find answers)started in 2020 and checked crp twice in 2020 because of the pain. It was normal and Dr checked it again in 2021 and it was high. It's high since then. It's reducing a bit, but not back to normal range yet.

Is there any other test available to check for inflammation?
    Yes I do go for walk in the sun in the peak hours. May be I am not exposing the skin thoroughly. I just wear sleeveless tops and capris. I think that's not enough to get the exposure.

8. gknew

gknew Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for the links. Will check it out.
    Is there any specific type of magnesium to be taken with d3?
    I don't know about the leaky gut. How to find that out?
    How long did it take for you to reach 65 from 9? Did you take high dose 50000iu D2?

9. gknew

gknew Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for the links. Will check it out.
    Is there any specific type of magnesium to be taken with d3?
    I don't know about the leaky gut. How to find that out?
    How long did it take for you to reach 65 from 9? Did you take high dose 50000iu D2?

I do have chronic pain and no reasons found. I have been asking my rheumatologist and he couldn't find it too. He keeps checking my ana blood work to check for auto immune. I don't know if I have Lyme.

10. gknew

gknew Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the link. I don't know about lectin free diet. Will check that out.
    When you say Inflammation, do you mean CRP value?
    How to find out about leaky gut?