1. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Friends, Urgent Guidance Needed.

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by GeetaKashyap, Jan 26, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hi

I am writing a story where my protagonists are Christians. I want your urgent help in correcting some facts and the typical lingo used by the community. This is urgent, ie within 2 days, I want the corrections and inputs.

The gist of the story: An unhappily married couple separate after a bitter quarrel. He goes away and dies tragically in due course of time. She gets to know about it after a fortnight. She now wants to pray for him and also confess, the traditional/routine confession of some underlying guilt.

Some lines that need your clearance/help-

1. “One fine day, when she went for the traditional confession, Father had advised Nancy to marry and be a good wife. He had explained to her that marriage is a state instituted and ordained by God for the lifelong relationship and as a good Christian it was her duty to accept it as a gift from God, and a sacred institution.(Got these lines from the net) He had also convinced her that she needed a man to take care of her and her property in her old age.”

2. “…she dialled the church office to arrange for a special prayer meeting and confession.”

My problem is more with the second line which is also the closing line of the story. My protagonist wants to offer a prayer for her departed husband and unburden some of her remote guilt by confessing. Who is she supposed to approach for this- the Church office or the Father directly? What is the exact terminology- Is 'special prayer meeting' okay or is there any proper term? I read that for confessing one needs to fix an appointment. is that right?

Please correct me. Thanks.

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame