1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chocolates and Pickles

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 17, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You all must be thinking what Tittle is this Chocolates and Pickles, will it go together. For me Chocolates and Pickles are my favourite. Everyone serves vegetables first , for me with Pickle is a must. Some have pickles with dahi rice, but I start having it with Sambar rice itself, with Rasam pickle is very tasty and with dahi everyone loves it.Now a days you get pickle masala , soyou have just to cut the mangoes or Nimbu , add salt, add the pickle masala and then put oil in it. I like Mango pickle more . In January my husband had brought lot of Nimbus and we made pickle, after giving to my son and daughter the pickle was there till yesterday as here because only we both are there and my husband does not have much and only I have. For him if pickle is not there he doe snot mind but for me pickle is a must. Today made mango pickle cut into small pieces , I could not wait till lunch to have it so had it with dosa. I like kadugu mangai also.

I love Chocolates too very much. What a surprise that my gran ddaughter is not fond of chocolates for that matter she is a foodie like me. She has to be forced to eat. Once she was telling my husband while talking my mouth does not pain but when I eat my mouth pains when he asked why you are not eating and your mother has to force you to eat. All children will be very fond of Chocolates and Ice cream but sh eis not. Whenever I go to Dubai or my daughter comes here she will buy for lot of Chocolates especially the ones with something inside, other chocolates I dont like that much. After lunch or dinner I like to have Chocolates, now Chocolates are over so have bought a sweet to have.

I have grown up by age but still young at heart , thats why I act like a kid sometimes. Senior Citizen control themselves about eating Chocolates but I like them very much

12 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

That was asuper fast like @CuteCherry dear, thanks

3. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

hai How do I address you
    viji mami I too am a senior citizen so shall I say akka or just Iyer Vijji
    I too love pickles and chutneys. living in hyderabad over years we have a lot of pickles and chutneys.
    let me give you a small recipe here :
    cabbage chutney

chop cabbage finely a katora full
    In thalchakotal add green chillies 4-6 , mustard seeds half teaspoon ,udath dhal, 1 teaspoon peringayam, a pinch curry leaves. add salt grind it squeeze a little lemon juice .
    tastes yummy with hot rice & ghee. dosa/ roti whatever.
    another chutney tomorrow how is that.
    c u regards

2 people like this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji madam,
    Something common to both of us. I too love pickles and chocolates! Without these two things even heaven would not be a heaven. I love aavakaya (Andhra mango pickle) and maagaya. Hot rice with pickle and a little ghee......nothing can match it! Same with Chocolates. But afraid of calories...so reduced. But I love them a lot.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  5. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

@iyerviji ma,

I also like Ice cream and Chocolates.Ice creams topped with chocolates ,nuts and fruits is my favorite. yumsmileyMy daughter also loves ice creams very much.So,IBACO is our favorite stop.

Let us eat Ice cream and enjoy ourselves.

P.S. I am happy that I have company because my husband used to advise me to act my age.
    I used to think what is the connection between Ice cream and age.:confused2:

2 people like this.
  6. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Ah!!!! vijima, that is so wonderful. And anyways, age is no bar for enjoying what we love.
    'Chocolates and Pickles' - lovely title. Yes, even i love them. Esp avakai and vadu mango. My Grandma, used to make so many jars full of them. My mom's family is very big. They are 12 of them (9 sis and 3 bros) and then all of us grandchildren. So any amount of pickles she used to make, will disappear within a month. We never used to let the masala soak in, before that we used to finish it off.
    But now-a-days it is only store bought and frankly i am not getting the same kind of avakai. Spoilt by my grandma's tasty pickles.
    So i have switched to lime pickles. yummy. yumsmiley

CHOCOLATES - Well i can't imagine anybody not liking them. Wait wait.......... my DH does not like them. But he bought loads of 5 stars for my mom, when he was trying to impress her to give my hand in marriage. Cheeky fellow, knew where my heart was and is....... in my mom.
    I enjoy brownies with vanilla icecream and hot chocolate sauce. Never mind that i always burn my tongue and lips while eating them, but i looooove it.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@gitasharma dear you can address me as Viji. This brings me memories of my office life when once I had not addressed M/s. and my boss shouted saying what if I address you only with your name and not Miss so and so. I was new that time and felt hurt. When I told my friend, she was saying what is there you should have told him A rose will smell good by any name

Glad toknow you also love pickle and chutneys. I also did my schooling in Hyderabad and like avakkai and Gongura chutney. Thanks for the cabbage chutney recipie , will try it

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@shyamala dear glad to get your fb which always gives me pleasure to read and to know that you also love pickles and chocolates. I also love avakaya. When we were in Hyderabad used to have with kalathupodi and avakkai with ghee added to it. Now also mouth is watering thinking ofthat. I did my schooling in Hyderabad, so love that place , also like Gongura chutney.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Harini dear glad to knowyou also like Ice cream and Chocolates. My mouth is watering reading your yummy post. Right any age we can have Icecream. Tell him I also love eating Icecream. When I am in Dubai my daughter or my son in law always bring Icecream

10. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

You are so lucky I tell you!

I've been chided innumerable times for being too old & mossy for my age.
    Behave like a kid, behave like a teenager, behave like an adult, why do you behave like a worsted old woman always.

So I'm waiting for the day when people will finally admit "you are behaving like an old woman appropriate for your age" and not disturb me.
    kneesmiley

1 person likes this.