Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I forgot completely- Aravindh is playing games thro my I'd in FB, that's why you see 'me' all the time there.

2. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Dear C,

Over the last 2 weeks, I tried various recipes like bitterguord pitlai, vanilla icecream, gobi 65,masal mochai ,Jain tomato saadam and kollu dosai.

Bitterguord pitlai tasted very authentic and still lingers in my mind. Along with that, gobi 65, masal mochai, jain tomato saadam are 5 star recipes. kollu dosa tasted nice too. Need to perfect gobi 65. do we fry till it is totally crispy(little black dots on the top of cauliflower)? When they were 3/4 th fried, I could find little raw custard flavor(I used vanilla). Also I made the spice mixture slightly wet, hence I think cauliflower pieces stuck while frying. I hope practice will make perfect gobi 65 :)

Coming to vanilla icecream, though the recipe is neat and simple, I fumbled here and there since this is my first trail. I mistakenly added extra tsp of syrup and then had to compensate with more cream twice or thrice. Since I did not have GMS and CMC, the icecream has crystals. Had to beat more than 2 times. After the repair attempts, the end product was very good :thumbsup We all enjoyed it to the full though my DD commented "this icecream is crunchy" at the crystal formation(though it was not much):rotfl.

Idlis (your method) ,kichdis and pastas are regular now. I have not made pastas with white sauce yet. Somehow I give priority to tomato based pasta. Next time, will follow a white sauce recipe.

And finally, though I didn't visit much here, I am mostly in the golden days comments thread. Just going though all the posts and its really inspiring to see you in same cheer :thumbsup

Best wishes for your GD.

3. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    My best wishes to your grand daughter! You are tempting me so much with that Gulab jamun.
    Made Pesarat with Ginger Chutney for saturday dinner. This ever-green combo is one of our family favourite:thumbsup. I made Easy Khara Vadai for snack, such a easy & jiffy dish. Yesterday I had a 'bonda' - it was very similar to bonda in outer coating & without any veggies it tasted like it is fully made of the outer coating batter itself. Can you guess?:hide:
    Yesterday I voluntered to make some sweet for around 10 people. When I asked my mil whether I can make any payasam or rava kesari, her reply was ' Make that Carrot Halwa that you brought last time, it was very good!" This time also it was a hit:thumbsup. Got appreciation from a 'tough nut to crack' as well:biggrin2:Thank you so much.
    Love,
    Damini

2 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aw damini that is so sweet.

last week we had some guests, and they told fil he looks better than the last time they saw him when he was not well..and he told them that my dil, gives me timely food and also good tasty food and variety.. (touchwood that he should maintain his health)

it makes all the trouble worth the pain when we get these kind of praises right...:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, thenmozhi :)SBS isideal for beginners including an idea of what vessels to use,how to go about etc! look forward to more FBs from you!!

6. aarth0203

aarth0203 Silver IL'ite

Dear C,

Congrats on your GD's wedding. Yes we live in Brazil since 6 years, returning to India for good this year end. Thanks for your lovely feedback. I tried few more stuff last weekend. Chilly paneer was mind blowing, I can't tell you how much we enjoyed it. Also I made jiffy shahi Tukri, DH licked the plate clean. He complained that I am attempting to make him fat :) he said my cooling skills improved only since last one week :) thanks for all wonderful tips. I am working full time, so I have made use of many of your tips like gravy, dhal. Hoping my weekdays go smooth :) god bless you with good health:)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. Chitvish

Thanks,Arch!! Nothing to beat Mw in "reduction" dishes. I am glad amma is like me - a pasta lover!!
    Will convey your comments to Manas!!

8. Chitvish

It is not whipped cream.. You can use amul fresh cream
    or fresh cream from dairy.

9. Chitvish

Thanks, Shan, for your wishes & greetings!
    Chilli dish is less common & so nice - but hardly any takers for it :-(

10. Chitvish

Thanks,Varloo. Kallu as well as mavu have to be perfect for good rava dosai.
    Take care of your eyes.