Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Archana had come with family yesterday. I made MW stuffed brinjal, and semiya payasam along with araichuvitta sambhar, rasam and parangikkai kootu. As soon as they entered the house, Archana's husband told me that he had told Archana to tell me to make MW stuffed brinjal (which I made when they came the first time) and she forgot, he was very happy to see that I have made it. ' vasalla varumpothe vasanai varathu' this is what he told me. When I went to buy veggies in the morning, I saw tiny brinjals and so decided on this dish and that turned out to be the best for them. They enjoyed the lunch very much and the kutty enjoyed the rasam with rice and also with dosa in the evening. I am so happy because all the items were over by dinner.

3. Chitvish

Thanks, Varloo:) ennai kathirikkai is our time tested favourite :tongue

4. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

This Jiffy rice was simply superb. I am going to repeat it for sure.

Dear ILites(Varloo, honeybee, vmur, <A href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/members/kavithakannan-3380.html">KavithaKannan, <A href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/members/saraswathipv-8970.html">Saraswathipv, <A href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/members/archana-kc-16135.html">archana.kc, <A href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/members/radhaparth2000-75501.html">radhaparth2000, and anjukrishna),

Thank you for liking my previous post.

5. Chitvish

Thanks, Rojapoo :) The podi has to be freshly made & immediately mixed with rice!!

6. yasskamal

yasskamal Bronze IL'ite

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]Hai mam,
    yesterday i search cauliflower receipe in chitvish kitchen. I tried it today. My husband says, recent days you are cooking very tastefully:hiya. that credits to you only. Thank you so much mam:thumbsup. Today i am searching pongal sambar. please adjust my english. i will post to you tomorrow mam. Thank you so much once again.

with love
    yasskamal:)

7. lifeisajourney

lifeisajourney Silver IL'ite

hello chitra aunty

i had a small doubt with the condensed milk mysore pak recipe which i copied it below. the recipe calls for 11/4 cup of ghee but it was nowhere mentioned in the recipe when to add the ghee can you please help me with that whether it is 11/4 cup of ghee or less than that or when it should be added. and thank you for your time and patience to explain us everything in detail

I learnt this from my flatmate Ms Sadique Ali. This sweet which she makes, is very popular in her friends’ circle.

Sweetened Condensed Milk - 400 gms

Fresh besan - 400 gms

Ghee - 1 ¼ cup

Grated nuts - to garnish (optional)

Kee the condensed milk tin, open & ready.

Heat ghee in a kadai.

Roast besan on a low fire, stirring continuously.

Continue till the colour becomes light brown & a nice aroma emanates.

Remove from fire & quickly add the condensed milk.

Stir very well & quickly transfer to a greased plate.

It sets very fast.

Sprinkle chopped nuts – this is optional.

Mark & cut into squares.

8. Chitvish

Dear yasskamal,
    First, thankyou!! Language is not a barrier to expressions!!
    There are some sambars like idli sambar sitting in SBS forum a;so - please refer.

9. Chitvish

Read the above, please. The besan is roasted in ghee on a low fire - this is the most important step. Unless the besan is roasted well & shrinks in volume, it will not be sweet at all.

10. homemaker

homemaker Platinum IL'ite

Helloo aunty..

yesterday I tried your ragi dosai spread with onion chutney...it was a different taste..we all loved it...For a longgggg time ragi flour was sitting in my kitchen cupboard,donno what to do with it apart from puttu,yesterday, i tried this dosai recipe it was soooooo tasty.Thanks for your yummy recipes aunty.

-Annam