Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear S-s,
    You seem to have grinder week end just like me. Once that is done it is as though a big load is off your mind - enna tiffin pannaradu???
    Poha bun is specially a picnic dish!!
    I preserved my Punjabi GM for 3 yrs! So, no worries for you for quite some time to come!!Thanks for the FBs!

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Back after my trips. Since computer is out, sending this FB from iPhone. Archana made aloo paratha and Rajasthani dal for dinner on Sunday successfully. She was so happy, since she made everything by herself. I was just 2 buildings away from her house but did not visit her so that she can cook without help. She has requested that I pass on her million thanks to you.

3. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

Made chapathi and SI vegetable kurma (repeat) and the taste and flavor is only amazing me every time. Initially I used to run to the PC a couple of times but now I've mastered it. Can't wait to try the new veg masala. Roja's Fb is tempting. I have marathi moggu...will also be able to get pathar ke phool. Might end up omitting the third new one if i can't find it. Will post FB soon.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

chithmam,

thinking of getting all the items for that vegetable masala..real temptation and will inspire C to try a lot..i hope the shop i know has all.is pathar ke phool - sea weed?? just curious.

5. Chitvish

Shan, it is called Kalpasi, but I do not know if it is also called sea weed!! My sister gave it to me saying that it is widely used as a masala ingredient in Madurai side. It has been lying with me for 2 yrs!!
    Since it has everything, it is multipurpose for dhals, dry vegs, gravies everything!!

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Mami,
    I too am looking to get those ingredients for the veg dhal masala. With another kutti trip to home coming up, I will try to get it from there itself :).

Yesterday I made Nawabi Curry to go with rotis.
    Alongwith the vegs, I added a few soya chunks too..and to make it more rich,in the end added a spoon of cream :tongue. It was splendid.

And I wanted to tell you this...I find that my hair fall, which was prominent during the past few months has reduced to a great extent and my hair looks healthier now. I guess its due to the curry leaves ?!.
    From the time, I set my eyes on Curry Leaves Chutney with Onion & Garlic recipes, I am having it like crazy.
    So its, taste bhi, health bhi :biggrin2:.

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  7. Chitvish

Welcome back :)
    You bought iPhone for apps - but now making thebest use of it :thumbsup
    I am so happy. Itoo send a lot of replies from my Samsung tablet; it is easy!!
    I am glad Archana is trying out recipes without you, by the side!! Way to go!

8. Chitvish

Thanks, lijo!!~
    Try SI veg kurma with idiyappam once; it tastes great!!
    When I googled I see that Nakeshwar is used by Andhra people & I myself saw the photo in the Mahanandi site. So I am sure it is available in H bad.

9. Chitvish

Dea Saras,
    Knowing that you are a soya fan, I am not surprised!!
    Since buy fat free milk,I too add the malai & relish it!!
    Yes, curry leaves do help a lot & you will shortly be a model for Dhathri or Aswini!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl:rotflI only hope that I don't look like a karadi kutti .

1 person likes this.