Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Yes, Mam. I am awaiting their arrival with confidence. It is actually I can't wait to 'show up'. If not for your wonderful tutorials I might have surrendered myself to Ammukka. But now it is an entirely different scenario.

I was skeptical about consuming greens and curd for dinner. But, we finish off by 7.30. So, it is greens soup with floating balls and curd quinoa. I used curds made of low fat milk, I shallow fried the balls and reduced the amount of cheese to just 1 tsp. I am done with making and tasting. So good.

Nan 'chamathu ponnu', Mam. Inba was the sole proprietor of this 'kidnap' idea. He got so wild of all the barriers inclusive of my hesitation and acted accordingly :)

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Roja, I am happy that you are feeling confident about their coming. This confidence will help you produce good results & they will be "relieved', Inba is in safe hands, (foodwise)!!:biggrin2:
    We also have dinner by 7PM & so, food gets partially digested by the time we go to bed. (Infact if I sit up till 10, i feel a second time mini-hungry & start kodanjufying the fridge!
    About reading your last para,I am only reminded of or Madurai varthais:
    Onnum theriyada pappa
    pottuk kondaaLaam thazhpaaL!

3. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Dear Mami,

Good morning! Here comes my weekend FBs...

1.Sat morning BF - Moong dal dosa - Fabulous. Easy recipe and very tasty. Though I didn't try with S&S chutney, the dosas themselves were great. Also very light compared to adai and pesarattu.

2.Sunday lunch - Paruppundai kuzhambu. your recipe is different from what parents make with sambar powder(yes, dad is also a good cook). I liked your version and the idea of steaming urundais is a good trick :thumbsup. I normally don't consider this as a easy recipe.

3.Macroni and Pasta - This is my first bake and was very excited with the result.Now my eyes are on Pasta Bake. Hope to try it during the week. you made me take the next step in cooking today. All because of your encouragement. Thank you very much

4. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitra mami

happy navarathri.. this weekend we had called some of the ladies for golu. Friday made dates kheer and peanut sundal. Sat made Bread Payesh and pattani sundal (thengai mangai style). both days the kheer and sundal came out excellent. very very easy recipes and now I can do dates kheer by heart. earlier i had made seven cup cake (with maida).. first i prob didnt keep it enough in the stove and the pieces turned out very soft .. so i put the pieces back and stirred for a while longer.. this time it defo got better but I was probably expecting it to not be chewy but melty.. the taste was great though but konjam javvu.. my dH said, dont give this to the ladies when they come first otherwise they may not be able to open their mouth for singing for some time :) .. this was the take home sweet so that was not an issue.

thx for all the recipes.. i loved the navarathri list of prasadams link.

luvs
    shyamals.

5. Chitvish

Thanks, Hridhaya. Though I give specific chutneys with idli dosais, you can mix & match! This dosai is very light on the tummy :tongue
    Parupuurundai K has got to be demystified first - then the confidence comes!!
    Steaming gently helps 'hardening just right to preventbreaking'. But still this kuzhambuhas got to be given the respect due & cannot be taken for granted :biggrin2:
    Bakes are the simplest casserols. Once you get the white sauce right, itbecomes a child's play
    :thumbsup

6. Chitvish

S-s, don't worry - the javvu will harden in a few hours, probably by the time they reach home!:hide:
    When I read N's comment, I feel like saying:
    They wait to tease us, when something goes wrong! Waiting as though to get an opportunity!
    Wen I visited an ILite for kolu, she offerd me 7 cup cake made by my recipe. I just loved it - long since I made it.

7. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

After a long break I made saffron Honey Bread and Multigrain biscuits last week. My FIL loved the bread.
    Its a appadiye sapidalam bread :) After reading Inbaroja's feedback I made badamkheer, it was just superb. Also made Kadalaparuppu Sundal :). Everything came out awesome.

I made peanut chutney this morning, baked the peanuts for 10 minutes. They got perfectly roasted!! Easy o easy no oil too. Jiffy Paruppusili is ready in the fridge, I can make parruppusili whenever I want :) Today I also made 'Kovaikkai podi potta curry', its just superb!!

8. Chitvish

Radha, now that I am uploading recipes for apps, S H bread has tempted me a lot!
    Multigrain is a utility biscuit.
    I bake 1 cup peanuts & keep in fridge. Use it "then" & "there"!!
    Same pinch - I have also made Kovaikkai podi potta curry. For BF made chappathi kadi with left over phlkas. I wonder why nobody has tried it!!

1 person likes this.
  9. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

Lo and behold! Before I opened the forum somehow I thought I was going to see these 'onnum theriyadha ...' from you. I wish you were the 'thozhi pen' during my marriage :)

Foodwise? Feel like telling some more. 'Sabai mariyadhai' karudhi I am leaving it :)

O, you go hand in hand with the present generation. Once done Inba never turns back to the kitchen except for water. But, I look around for some cookies, fruits etc.

I tried poori and potato. 'Aha!' was what Inba said.

Today's naivedhyam is carrot halwa(another version). Making it was like a cakewalk and eating, a true delight.

Great day!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  10. Chitvish

Dear Roja,
    Thanks for the FBs.
    Puri kizhangu is an everlasting favourite!! :tongue
    You just go for cookies & fruits. I prefer noruks & cocolates!! :biggrin2: