Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I made Palak Koora Pappu today with pav bhaji paratha for lunch. I really enjoyed the dal, with palak. Now I will have to look up for such dishes more, to avoid taking curd.

2. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

It goes like this. Spending some time with you helps me spend more time with Inba [​IMG]

Shall await your festival postings!

Today's breakfast was bread with vegetable cream(thanks to Ms. Hridhaya). It is a many times repeated dish at home as it is simple yet tasty and filling. I added a bit of cheese reducing the quantity of milk.

For lunch no recipe of yours but planning was followed. I saved handful of my everyday vegetable for the past 3 days in the freezer. One day when I boiled dhal I stored part of it. Whenever I see fresh vegetables I clean, cut and store. So, I had some 'kuzhambukkana kaigal', too. By default there will be shredded coconut. In the morning when I came to know I had to go out for a field visit with Inba I transfered dhal from the freezer, measured rice-kept it ready in the cooker, soaked tamarind and peeled off small onions. After coming back, in 45 minutes, we had our lunch with sambar, rasam and mixed veg poriyal with hot rice instead of eating out some unhealthy stuff. Such a treasure you are!

Today for Navarathri I made Maalaadu and yesterday it was just jiffy mixing and stirring of cooked rice, jaggery, milk etc and seasoning.

Great day!

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hridhaya,
    Thanks. veg cream isa quicker, easier version of veg au gratin. A friend of mine always makes it for breakfast parties:_:)
    Kovakkai bhath is a less common recipe too!!
    Ditto to your last line from my end too!:thumbsup
    I had gone for kolu to an ILite's house - there I had a phone call from an ILite from the US, asking a cookery doubt!!

4. Chitvish

Vahee, first let me share this with you. Today I made manjal pongal saadam. It is sooo similar to pongal in taste & thought of you. Do try it.
    I am now "formulating" an instant paniyaram recipe with a little dosai mavu also "thrown" in!!
    Bombay chutney is the famous Maharashtrian Pitle!!

5. Chitvish

I really feel bad & sad, Varloo!
    Thanks for the FB.

6. Chitvish

Dear Roja,

I am amazed that you wrote you entered pugunda veedu with nil cooking knowledge!!
    Now you are racing ahead!!
    Great to read your FBs :thumbsup
    Plan, organise & go ahead - kitchen work will be pleasurable, no more drudgery!!

7. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Mami, glad to see you online. So you will be getting too busy for next 10 days. Missed your reply this morning. Nowadays I start my day after reading your reply...Navarathri wishes to you.

8. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Chitramma,

Does Navarathri begin today? At home, Golu has already been set up two days back :), I never get these differences.

Wish all of you a happy golu session, a wonderful time of muching sundals and arattais :) Think of me anytime any of you have anything remotely sweet! Truly, miss home now !

Cheers,
    Arch

9. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

I made Mooli Parathas and mughalai Paneer for breakfast. Yellow gravy was ready in the fridge, so it just took 15 minutes to make breakfast. Made Vegetable JaIpuri for dinner, thanks to red gravy :) Definitely life is easy and meal is ready in flat 15 minutes.
    Made beetroot raitha, my FIL fell in love with this :) I made Puttu today, i was a guessing it to be challenging but I got the right uthir uthir consistency and puttu came out very well. M and FIL are racing to finish it :)

10. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hridhaya,

I am at Hyderabad. But used to live in Bangalore 6 years back. Nice place, good climate, I am sure you will enjoy.
    Do let me know if you get PM access